Dd won't do things that I know she can do.

DD is EG mos old and doesn't talk. At least not where we can hear her. I KNOW she can talk, she just doesn't. Like today she was in her crib and I heard her going "one...two... Three weee!!!!" but I can't get her to say more than hello. I hear her all the time playing by herself and talking. I know she can say "whats that" "peak a boo" and at least 15 other words that I have hear. I know she says words for my mom and at daycare that she won't say for me. Does anyone else have a baby that does this? Is there a way I can get her to talk, or should I just let her do her own thing? People comment alot about her not talking. But she does talk just not to other people.

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 11:20 PM on May. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• 16 mos not eg mos lol
    jedwards2009

Comment by jedwards2009 (original poster) at 11:25 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Just leave her be. She has to want to do it and she will when she is ready. She will out of the blue start talking to you one day and then you won't be able to get her to be quiet. LOL
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:26 PM on May. 7, 2011

• I would just suggest to continue encouraging her to speak to you.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:26 PM on May. 7, 2011

• My son wasn't really talking at all by 18 months and so I called early intervention. You can't force her to talk, but you can encourage her by talking to her all the time and reading to her.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 11:37 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Have you thought of taping her voice and playing it back to her? Play some kids music and she if she will pick up on it. Or maybe some flash cards with first words and show her and pronounce it and see if she will say it back. I think if you get something that she really likes that has some sounds on it she may just open up once and for all.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:48 AM on May. 8, 2011