My daughter is 3 and she was in the er last saturday and they said she has a stomach bug she had a fever of 102.8 and vomiting and not eating or drinking but now she has the same symptoms and has a cough a week later what might she have

Erica B.

Asked by Erica B. at 11:42 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Im not trying to be mean. Honestly Im not. But if your daughter is this sick, why are you on here asking us. I dont believe we are Doctors, and even if we are...we cant treat her. If she has a temp that high she should be in the emergency room right now. Take her to the hospital, and call her doc!
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 11:47 PM on May. 7, 2011

• ok...my daughter is 2 1/2 and had these same symptoms...we were in the ER and one doctor FINALLY said this is NOT a stomach bug...was your daughter tested for the flu?? if she wasn't, then she needs to be. My daughter actually had a virus that attacked her lungs. When I took her to the doc, she had an O2 level of 88!!! That's dangerous!!! They gave her a breathing treatment and sent us home when it went up to 93. She was also vomiting...Dr. dismissed it as a stomach virus. When we got home, she was drifting in and out of sleep, couldn't keep antyhing down, etc...fever shot back up. WEll, long story short, she needed to have oxygen for a few hours and 3 more breathing treatments...the reason for the vomiting was she had such shallow breathing that it was pushing on her diaphragm and caused her abdomen to reflex, which caused the vomiting...it was projectile and she got dehydrated. I would take her to ER and ask theat they
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:51 PM on May. 7, 2011

• ...cont...check her O2 levels...also she should have labs done to rule out different things.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:52 PM on May. 7, 2011

• plain and simple....SHE NEEDS TO BE IN THE ER ASAP!
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 11:53 PM on May. 7, 2011

• Oh my- bellamommy... she's asking for advice because she's already BEEN to the er. Sometimes it is nice to ask other moms for ideas because they may have had a similar situation. Information such as what calliesmommy stated gives her something to work off of in the er, since they obviously didn't take the time to do it last time.

Erica, is she taking fluids and keeping them down? Is she up and around for periods of time, or sick in bed the whole day? If she's lethargic and tired and not eating/drinking- I'd take her back to the er and demand they run a battery of tests. However, if she's sick but still eating/drinking and a bit active- call her ped in the morning and bring her in. They can look more closely at her and hopefully spend more time with her figuring out what she needs.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 2:23 PM on May. 8, 2011