Who does the yardwork. You, dh or both of you?

I'm a sahm mom and I do most of the yardwork that is untill my son got old enough to help out. My husband just don't seem to care whether it gets done or not and I usually end up doing it as if I don't have enough to do. I feel like I do it all when it comes to house, yard, kids, groc, bills, and so on. I know my job is at home and I wouldn't expect him to do most things since I am home to do it but I do wish I'd have some help with the yard at least. What makes it worse is everything I do pretty much gets taken for granted. Sometimes I just feel like he's lazy. Is it normal for most guys to do this little when it comes to helping out on the homefront. He does get out in the yard and do major things about once a year and in his eyes this is about all that is neccessary.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on May. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• The gardeners
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on May. 8, 2011

• That's frustrating. You won't be happy in the long run if you don't do something about the lack of appreciation. I don't know if it is an option for you, but could you consider a robotic lawn mower? Heck if you can't get hubby to help you, maybe you could threaten to buy one. We love ours... Check them out here:

Robot Lawn Mower

PS, I am the President of the company; not trying to sell you - just really want to help you out.

RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 12:31 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I have considered hiring people to trim the hedges and deweed the rocks. My son does the lawn mowing but he really does a half tail job.I'm not being picky. Its really bad sometimes. Always claims the weed wackers broke yet he seems to be the only one to have a problem with it.Our yard usually don't look to great unless I either spend too much time trying to get my son to do it right or just go out and touch it up myself. Maybe if enough of our paycheck goes to yard keeping someone will step in and help out, lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:49 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I do the inside wifey stuff, and DH takes care of the yard work and car care.
    Suggest to your husband putting up a flyer for a HS kid to do some light yard work for a set price?
    daina82

Answer by daina82 at 1:02 AM on May. 8, 2011

• We both do

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:38 AM on May. 8, 2011

• The neighbor kids mows my lawn for money. I doesn't always look great, but I know it is mowed when their's gets mowed and I don't have to think about it.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 12:51 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Hubby handels that and the garbage
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 4:26 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Any of you whose dh does the yard work, are you a sahm?Guess my dh feels I have more time than him which just isn't true.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:46 PM on May. 8, 2011