Do you add water to orange juice when giving it to baby

toybar02

Asked by toybar02 at 12:00 AM on May. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Ask your child's Pediatrician.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:02 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I did when DD was a baby. If I didn't she tended to get a diaper rash. I think it was all the acid in it that caused her to have issues.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:02 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I was told to always add water because it's better on their teeth
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:03 AM on May. 8, 2011

• well how old is your baby? I always add 50-50 water & juice its too much sugar other wise...but they only get that at a certain age.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:04 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I didn't give any of my children orange juice when they were babies. I think it is hard to digest. I used watered down Apple or white grape jice
    vampporcupine

Answer by vampporcupine at 12:06 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I may be wrong but depending on how old ur baby is, I don't think its recommended to give them any citric juices.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 12:22 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Yes you should.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 12:52 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I was asking for my sons godmother she had her daughter in december and she's been giving the baby orange juice ,but now she noticed some kind of rash on babies cheeks reddish colored so I told her it might be the orange juice but I wasn't sure cause I never gave my son orange juice when he was 5 months I only gave him apple juice
    toybar02

Comment by toybar02 (original poster) at 1:00 AM on May. 8, 2011

• first how old is the baby? and i would ask the doc first
    pearl84

Answer by pearl84 at 9:30 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I wouldn't suggest giving orange juice to a baby, it's very acidic. Not until at least 2 or so, and yes, I'd dilute it a bit at that age too. At that age, I never recommend anything other then breast milk or formula, until at least 6 mos of age, and personally, don't recommend juice until even later then that, as it's mostly sugar and not really necessary, but that's ME.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:19 AM on May. 8, 2011