What do you feed your 8 month old? Just baby food or other stuff?

I was just reading that I should start giving her more table food to help her with her chewing abilities. She only has her two bottom front teeth and they are not all the way up. I started offering gerber little puffs for crawlers and at first I had to break them in half for her to eat them now she can crunch on them. Should I try more table foods or stick with most pureed food. She is breast fed still and will remain that way until at least one year. The baby foods are just easier for me I'm a single mom with an almost 2 year old and 8 month old so I don't want to just be taking the easier route and feel bad that i could be doing better for her. What are your ideas.

Springer76

Asked by Springer76 at 12:06 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I fed my babies mashed avocado, yams, bananas, stew, spaghetti etc.....healthy stuff
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:09 AM on May. 8, 2011

• stick with rice cereal, bm/form, and pureed baby food. You could let him gnaw on teething biscuits to let him practice chewing lol
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 12:10 AM on May. 8, 2011

• There's nothing easier to give a baby than ripe avocado. There's no issue about allergies and it's loaded with vitamins. Just wait until it is slightly soft, cut out a wedge, cut it in bite size pieces and let her pick them up. She'll naturally explore them and put them in her mouth. This works best if she sees you eating the avocado, too. I did it with both my kids, and it is still a favorite food of theirs.

Our kids were never fed baby food. We just waited until they could grab things and gave them avocado, cooked barley, bananas, whatever we were eating that they could have that's soft (consult your baby book). It would have been more trouble to buy baby food and spoon feed them. We always let them feed themselves - piece of cake.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 12:50 AM on May. 8, 2011

• My kids were strictly on table food by the time they were 6 months old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on May. 8, 2011

• My 8 month old eats , stage 3 baby food and finger foods .
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 11:25 AM on May. 8, 2011