Steak

Where can I but a really good steak from (grocery storewise), also what is a really good marinade for it, and how long should I marinate it for...and other details you can give :)

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 12:14 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Food & Drink

• NicoleH.... weird, my name is Nicole H. lol
    OP go ask the meat guy at the store. Tell him how you plan on cooking it (grill, broiler...) and he can help you out. Grill Mates marinade mixes are great! They have a lot of different options. Or you can use italian vinagrette salad dressing, or even just a little vinegar with your own seasonings. Marinade for at least 1/2 hour, but up to a day.
    Hope this helps and your steaks turn out good!
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 1:11 PM on May. 8, 2011

• If I am going to spend the money on a good steak I buy form a local butcher. If I had to pick a grocery I would pick Publix. AS far as marinade we are beef naturalist here. lol. I would do a little olive oil, salt and pepper then throw it on the grill for about 3 min each side for an average 2.5 inch steak. Saute some mushrooms and onions on the side!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:24 AM on May. 8, 2011

• The best steak is Filet Mignon, but it's expensive. Next best is New York Strip (very tender). You can get both at the same time if you buy the Porterhouse cut. You get a New York Strip in one side of the T bone and Filet Mignon on the other side. Any grocery store will have these cuts of meat, but the quality will be better at a butcher. Or you can order steaks from La Cense Beef in Montana. It comes in a cooler on dry ice and is grass fed.

Filet Mignon and New York Strip do not need to be marinaded because they are already tender cuts. If you get rib eye or sirloin, marinade will help tenderize it. I like my steaks cooked on a charcoal grill with mesquite wood chips for added flavor. I've been told you can use wood chips on a gas grill, but since I only use charcoal I can't give you advice about that (I'm a die hard charcoal user).
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 12:37 AM on May. 8, 2011

• a good steak you go to a meat market for.. we've been on a seasame ginger marinade kick lately for our.. marinate for as long as you cook your steak pendin on how you like yours done.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:23 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I asked the meat guy what he thought was a great steak and great marinade and he picked a porter house and the lawreys steak marinade packet from the season packet area of the store
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:48 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I love A1's Chicago Steakhouse marinade
    NicoleH

Answer by NicoleH at 9:39 AM on May. 8, 2011