How much per month is Formula?

I'm breastfeeding, but curious about how much per month Formula would cost.

There are days, like today!, when Baby is cluster feeding that I'd give anything not to have my nipple chomped every hour on the hour! :) Thanks!

GoodyBrook

Asked by GoodyBrook at 12:14 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Be aware that bottles can encourage chomping! It's normal for them to nurse frequently in the early going. It will lessen... and baby will find NEW ways to irritate you hourly. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 12:35 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I think regular formula is about $225/month for the powder. Of course the concentrated liquids and specialty formulas will cost more. This is yet another reason why breastfeeding is so important. It's FREE!! :o)

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 12:42 AM on May. 8, 2011

• one small can is $13 and the bigger can is $22 my baby drinks 8oz the small can lasts two days but thats the price in california
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 12:17 AM on May. 8, 2011

• It was a little over $300 for my twins. It's VERY expensive. IF you have to go to formula, I would definitely start using coupons :P and the hard thing is babies can be sensitive to the kind you buy so its not like you can just buy the cheapest brand due to price, my boys needed simliac sensitive so, I had to buy that exact brand. But there are coupons. It depends how much he would eat, want brand, and your stores prices. but my monthly average for the two boys around 9 months was a little over $300
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:18 AM on May. 8, 2011

• http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=baby+formula&ic=48_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

they come in packs so its roughly a months worth give or take per pack, you can scroll through the prices to get an idea of how much it would be monthly... not cheap lol

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:38 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I did half and half (breast/formula)
    for a big can its on average $25-30 for a brand name or $10-20 for store brand......
    sams club and cosco do there formula in exlarge size cans so works out cheaper to buy it there.

babies r us does a rewards programme points on everything u buy, every 2-4 months your points turn into money i would sometimes get like $30-$40
    also they do buy 2 cans get one free.
    gem05

Answer by gem05 at 5:05 AM on May. 8, 2011

• When I stopped BF WIC provided me with 8 small cans/month. About $105. But before then I was buying a can here and there to supplement if I needed to go out or whatnot.
    See if you are eligible for WIC. They can help you out whether you decide to keep BF exclusively, BF and FF, or completely wean and FF exclusively
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 1:05 PM on May. 8, 2011

• We use Target brand. They have XL cans of powder. My 9mo takes 6oz bottles every few hours during the day (sleeps through the night). We spend about $80/month on formula.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:57 PM on May. 8, 2011

• With my son we wre not approved for WIC and I paid around $160 a month, which of course got more expensive the more his appetite grew. Thank goodness with my twins we were approved for WIC, although im considering not using it since im thinking of switching to the Enfamil AR
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:42 PM on May. 8, 2011