Losing weight and carbs

If you are losing weight, how many carbs per day do you eat?

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 12:30 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I am not, DH is and he does not eat anymore than 18 G per day.
    catsmom1993

Answer by catsmom1993 at 12:34 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I don't count my carbs- I just don't eat refined carbs. Whole grains SHOULD be a staple in your eating plan. Sugar and refined carbs should not. Simple as that. Cutting down on all carbs to extremely low amounts isn't beneficial. You should be eating at least 6 servings a day of whole grains.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:40 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I think I average about 30% to 40% of my calories a day from carbs. I really try to get a good balance between fats, proteins, and carbs. I think that would be about 100 grams of carbs a day.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:43 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I try to eat no more than 30 and the bulk of them are at my dinner meal.

Musicpisces is wrong about whole grains needing to be a staple in EVERYONE'S diet. I've done nutritional typing and carbs, in the form of whole grain, are like poison to me (no, I don't suffer from gluten sensitivities or celiac disease).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on May. 8, 2011

• 18 grams a day is way too low, your body DOES need a healthy balance of carbs a day to survive, no matter what Anon says. As a diabetic I eat about 100-120 grams a day, to eat any less would make my have low blood sugar and go into a coma and die....literally. Everyone, diabetic or not needs carbs! Breakfast and Lunch about 20-30 grams, snacks should have 15-20 grams, Dinner, 35-45 grams
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:26 PM on May. 8, 2011