What is going on with my boy?

My husband noticed an unusual patch of skin near my sons penis while changing his diaper. It's only slightly reddened and raised. It is a little bit firm. I changed his diaper so I could see it as well and decided to let him go diaperless for a while. He sat down and started to pee but when he stopped peeing he started to cry a little, then started again and stopped then cried again. This went on for a couple more times. I don't know what to think. He doesn't have a fever. I want to take him to the pediatritian on monday but until then my worry is taking over my concentration! HELP!

Edit: yes he was circumcised. He is 14 months old. when he peed it shot straight out, he was diaper free

punkomama08

Asked by punkomama08 at 12:31 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• was he circumcised?
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 12:32 AM on May. 8, 2011

• When he peed it probably touched the red patch and it burned the patch to pee on it. I don't think it is anything serious.But I would put desitin on the affected site, and powder over. Hope it get's better :)
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 12:44 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Put some Desitin or Balmex on the dry patch. The urine burned the rash when he peed.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:57 AM on May. 8, 2011