Advertising ideas

I have signed up for a home party company to be a consultant. I have been doing this online and want to get enough in commissions to buy my home party kit. The problem is that I am having trouble figure out how to get my name out there and how to get people to place orders. I have offered discounts but nothing has worked so far. Any suggestions on advertising?

charleyangel317

Asked by charleyangel317 at 12:37 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• have you set up a facebook page? that way all your friends, moms of your kids friends, etc could get instant access to the details
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:09 AM on May. 8, 2011

• If your real ambitious you could design a flyer then hand them out to all the moms after school (that is if you have school age kids). Also at our local grocery stores , they have bulletin boards anyone can hang messages on them. Peoples mailboxes?

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:54 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Take out an ad in the paper, put something on craigslist, send out emails or letters to friends and family. Once you get one good party word of mouth will help too. Also ask other consultants for their recommendations. They may have some different ideas too!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:06 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I would look for free advertising, we have a baragin finder that is free to place ads in, print a few flyers and post at the local stores or markets, a few incentives added to your facebook page for booking or sales, there are plenty of ways to advertise for free that way you keep your profit.
    Vistaprint has free biz cards you pay for shipping but just place a few in some stores or hand them out when at the store or resturant.

Good luck with everything.

WAH_Mama

Answer by WAH_Mama at 1:48 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I have the business cards, facebook fan page, and working on the flyers. Thanks. If anyone thinks of anything else I am all ears.
    charleyangel317

Comment by charleyangel317 (original poster) at 10:07 PM on May. 8, 2011

• ON YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE TAGG THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE BOUGHTT OR THROWN PARTIES... SO WHEN YOU POST PHOTOS WHEN YOU TAG THEM IT GOES ON THEIR PROFILE AND THEIR FRIENDS SEE THAT THEY BOUGHT AND ARE MORE LIKELY TO BE INTERESTED... LOOK ME UP I DID REALLY GOOD... "COZY BIBBLES"
    COZYBLANKIES

Answer by COZYBLANKIES at 2:14 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Attend networking events

Answer by rkoloms at 8:18 PM on May. 11, 2011