What your tips and tricks to staying on your diet?

JanetElizabeth

Asked by JanetElizabeth at 12:46 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• My tip....never ever go on a diet
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 12:48 AM on May. 8, 2011

• First of all, find one you can actually stick with for the rest of your life. This generally means one that doesn't eliminate an entire food group or limit you greatly. For me, eating clean has been wonderful, and I've lost over 60 lbs so far eating this way. Next, consider whether eating something is worth the health issues later, and the effort it takes to burn that number of calories. Consider the way it feels physically to eat crap food or to overeat. Remember that every bite you eat and every activity you do either helps or hurts your efforts- which category does such-and-such fall into? Consider how many calories you take in from beverages, too. You might be surprised. Water should be your go-to beverage.
    We all slip up, but it's all about not letting that totally derail you, and getting back on the horse. You DESERVE to be healthy!!! You can do it!!!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:51 AM on May. 8, 2011

• You are so right!!
    JanetElizabeth

Comment by JanetElizabeth (original poster) at 1:07 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Well once I lose even a little weight that's motivation enough. I don't want to gain back what I've lost! But musicpisces is right. Find something that works for you. I can't do diets they're too restrictive, I just eat healthier and treat myself once in a while.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 1:54 AM on May. 8, 2011

• One tip I can suggest is that once a routine has been set and that one day that you go off of it, do not fear to get back on it the next day. And I agree with the lengthy post above. All I do is watch my calorie count and exercise through town. But with my calories, I don't say to myself, ok one candy bar *just an example*, is worth one meals worth of calories so I can eat it in order to "cheat" a little but stay on my diet. Nope...that junk food right there even if eaten by itself ends up making me more depressed and so forth. I have found the healthier I eat at meal times the better. And to keep the meals small and add in small healthy snacks through out the day helps me feel full and not feel hungry in the middle of it all. Good luck and just keep in mind what you will look like and feel like in the end and let that be your guide!
    AnC83

Answer by AnC83 at 10:53 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Never go on one... I think you need to change your eating habits yourself slowly, and you WILL get to a point to which you are eating right.. GL!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 4:19 PM on May. 8, 2011