Postpartum black extremely hard stools

is this normal? im so miserable its more painful to have a bowl movement than it was to deliver! ive only gone once since and its been 4 days. but ill get the urge to go and it feels like theres razorblades coming out but nothing actually comes out! even if i push its just very compacted. im taking stool softeners i got at the hospital but it seems like theyre not working

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 12:56 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine are still the size of softballs and as hard as rocks one month after giving birth. I just use the same breathing techniques as I did during birth and eventually it all comes out...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:57 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Did you get any painkillers? They tend to block you up. And after pushing, it does hurt for awhile. Take a stool softener for awhile.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:58 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Colace worked great for me after the birth of all 3 of my boys.

sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 2:49 AM on May. 8, 2011

• you should call your doctor and ask for stool softeners if you had the baby natural sometimes the stiches break when you have stool that is to big or hard and that would be bad it is not suppose to hurt so i would call asap
    jmiljies

Answer by jmiljies at 7:10 PM on May. 9, 2011