What are easy and effective diets?

JanetElizabeth

Asked by JanetElizabeth at 12:58 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I've had a lot of success with eating clean. Any book by Tosca Reno, or Clean Eating magazine will get you going. So far, I've lost over 60 lbs primarily through eating clean, and I feel fantastic! It's easy to stick with, it doesn't eliminate any major food groups (it does get rid of refined sugars, refined carbs, and saturated and trans fat, for the most part). I'm very happy with it. As someone who is studying nutrition, this is a very healthy way to go. Another great route is the DASH diet (easy to Google). It's focused on lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Regardless of the "diet" you choose, fresh produce should be a staple.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:02 AM on May. 8, 2011

• My cousin broke his jaw and had it wired shut. Could only eat smoothies and blended food. Lost a LOT of weight! I'm considering it...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:04 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Easy diets to me sounds like an oxymoron. The only way you're going to lose weight is if you consume less calories than your body needs and/or burn more energy (calories) than you take in.

To make it easier try filling your play with low calorie, high nutrition foods like fruits and vegetables. That will help fill you up but the calories will be pretty low. For example a 1 oz bag of chips can have 150 calories in it. But 1 oz of an apple is about 15. So you could eat 10 oz of apple for 150 calories or 1 oz of chips for 150 calories.

Anyway limit your food intake. Don't go to an extreme you want to make sure you're eating a well balanced diet. But limit how much you eat- make choice (like the example above between chips and apples) that will help get you full and keep you there for less calories. And exercise more. Every little bit helps- and as the weight falls off you'll start to fill like you can do more.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:59 PM on May. 8, 2011