My baby can read and other varients....

Where these a success for you if you tried it? What did you like/dislike?

briellesmomma

Asked by briellesmomma at 1:05 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They're neat but you can accomplish the same thing for a lot less money with pictures and flash cards if you have the time to do it.
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 1:23 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I agree with LadyMitres I spent so much money on the Your Baby Can Read and my kids hate it the videos are so boring and repetitive the books and flash cards are nothing special if money is an issue I'd recommend just using flash cards and regular books.

retent

Answer by retent at 1:51 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I think it makes sense and I feel like kids probably learn to read pretty well with it, my concern is how much fun they are having with it. Kids may know how to read but if they don't enjoy it they aren't going to want to read. They may resent it because, really, who has fun with flash cards? Someone gave it to me and my daughter watched the videos a few times and it actually entertained her but I wouldn't do flashcards with her.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 2:45 AM on May. 8, 2011