I know I'm not getting anything for Mother's Day.....

is anyone else not getting anything?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 1:07 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Holidays

• my kids make stuff at school but my SO never does anything...I am just taking the kids and do something fun to celebrate being a mom with my kids:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I am getting nothing and going nowhere but it will not be the first time so its all good. Happy mothers Day to all
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:12 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Baby is just 4 weeks. He IS my Mother's Day gift!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:16 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Mothers day isn't about the gifts, it's about celebrating being a mom. Not everyone is as blessed as we are. I don't need gifts for Mothers Day, I need to hear my sons voices. My oldest is in the Military stationed in Afghanistan and I would give anything to hug him right now :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:21 AM on May. 8, 2011

• My 5 yr old made me a few pictures at school for mother's day, and I think my middle son has something for me (or so the 5yr old said) as for hubs and my oldest--- they are not getting me anything. Heck I will be lucky if I get told happy mother's day!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:25 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I doubt I will either; its not about material objects to me but even though I am mommy to my unborn baby girl due in August I would still like for my husband to acknowlege that I am "mom" to her and our 3 furry babies. He expects me to recognize him on fathers day so I think it only fair for him to at least do something nice for me like making me breakfast or just letting me sleep in for once.
    jenbn

Answer by jenbn at 1:25 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Me. It's just me and DS. He's only 3 so I'm pretty sure he won't be getting me anything lol! Oh wait. I did get a rose from my 4 year old nephew at dinner tonight. I was touched. I almost started crying!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 1:47 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Yeah right.... I asked my husband to do 1 thing and i brought it up today and he couldn't remember the details. i had to remind him..... holidays=disappointment
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 2:00 AM on May. 8, 2011

• last year I asked for a shower without hearing the screams of a child....and that didn't happen. This year its just me and my girl and we are gonna party and play and have a dinner date. so excited. She drew me a sun..best present ever!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 2:42 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I hate Mother's Day for this reason. I get a card or some flowers. Yes, it's acknowledged in some way but there's absolutely NO THOUGHT behind the gifts. These are "default" gifts imo. Holiday, birthday coming up? Gee, I'll get some flowers. I HATE FLOWERS! Every year, I ask for the same thing ... a day to myself ... what I get is a day like every other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on May. 8, 2011