Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can i find my babys daddy?

i really want to find him for child support

Answer Question

Asked by MiSSEcuador at 3:29 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • ummm find all the men you slept with and get a dna test done then go to court

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

  • There are many websites dedicated to finding people.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

  • Find him as in you are not sure who it is, or find him as in you know who it is but dont know where they are at.........if you just dont know where they are at, then as long as you have some sort of general idea as to where he might be or used to be then you can just run searches on him using the internet

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

  • If you dont know who he is at all, then you need to contact all the men you have slept with and get a DNA test done.

    If you know who he is, and you just cant find him (address ect.) then you should go the easy way. Check the phonebook. Call people who know him. Try the registry office to find an address of him.

    I wish you good luck.

    Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:53 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

  • If you know who he is, you could also go to the State and have them help you. There's also lots of agencies that help you find dead beat dads. You can also hire a private investigator, though that could get really pricey.

    If you know his social security number, that would make it a lot easier to find him. You could also go to his family, etc and track him down that way. (Or go to the last place he worked and see if his old co-workers know where he might be working now...)

    Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:02 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

  • She didn't say anything about not knowing who the daddy was. I like how you ASSume this! Maybe he isn't living in the same city or is just avoiding her. Good grief! Try to contact anyone who you two have in common and go from there. When and if you find him you can petition the family court and no you don't need a lawyer. GL.


    Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

  • You can go to child support with the last information you have on him or any relatives addresses and phone numbers if you have his SS number they can run that and they will find him.

    Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:04 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

  • Go to Child Support Enforcement and give them all the information you have on him and they will find him. I had to do that with my son's biofather. All I had was his first and last name and general description. It didn't take them long either.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 9:11 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

  • No one ASSUMED anything. She didn't give enough information to make any assumptions. No one was rude either. They were just giving her ways to go about this. I am going to ASSUME you know who it is. Try people finder on the internet first and also like one mom said, call people that he knows or family. Hes probably not too far away.

    Answer by momofsaee at 9:12 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

  • Just remember after you find him & a judge orders child support, just because it is ordered doesn't mean it gets paid. Many kids never see a dimes worth of ordered child support in their whole lifetime & if they can't find him to serve him to appear in court, nothing will ever come of it. Pick your battles. Your child could be much better off with the dad disappearing. I know that is a sad thought, but in many cases it is the truth. Some men are just a pos & have no business having contact or being a role model for even their own kids !! I have an ex like that & the 8 years he completely disappeared were a blessing in disguise for my son. I didn't realize it when it was first happening, but I know it now !! I ought to send that sob a Thank You card !!


    Answer by strongmom40 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.