Solutions for oily skin?!!!

I have oily skin & I hate it, especially when I put on make up when Ima go out it starts off so nice then the shine starts to appear & my face looks so shiny it gets me so upset!!! I try to buy make up that says it's for oily skin, I dont wear make up everyday just when Ima go out with my husband or girlfriends. Any home remedies or ideas to make my skin not so oily? HELP?! =(

VanillaBlondie8

Asked by VanillaBlondie8 at 2:09 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Try Bare minerals. I have really oily t zone. I use that foundation and at nights I clean my face with Sea Breeze.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:29 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Or for during the day I use these oil absorbing sheets that Clean and Clear makes. U take them and just blot the on the problem area and it removes the oil and niot the makeup
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:55 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Don't be to harsh to your skin.  I know you hate it now but when you're older, you will appreciate it.   I look at least 10 years younger than what I really am and that is because my oily skin keeps the wrinkles away.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:51 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Avon has a really good line for oily skin- www.youravon.com/shamikapayne

I have extremely oily skin as well, make sure whatever you do use a toner to keep your pores clean.
    MommyDimples

Answer by MommyDimples at 11:21 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Thank you ladies!
    VanillaBlondie8

Comment by VanillaBlondie8 (original poster) at 11:35 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Bare Minerals or Laura Gellar. They both have a nice powder to apply to keep oily skin at bay. Blotting paper works well, too. Clinique used to sell it, but I think you can find it in department stores such as Kmart/Walmart now. GL.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 12:03 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Use a strong toner after ya wash your face. Also, get a face primer for oily skin. It will make your face matte & help with the shine. I use one from Sephora. Also, make sure your makeup has zero oil in them.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:37 PM on May. 9, 2011

• I have super oily skin, mostly just T-zone now, as I am 40. But, I would stay away from the strong toner. It just makes your skin rebound oilier in the long run. I mean, over the course of a day. For a toner, I use plain witch hazel. Bare minerals works really well too, I use it in the summer. there's nothing that makes it go away, but you will be glad for it.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 8:27 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Ask Dawn Gallagher on her website, "Nature's Beauty Secrets." She has traveled the world and interviewed many women addressing all kinds of home remedies for natural beauty inside and out. She is a mom, talk-show host, and top model who has appeared on the covers of many magazines. She is a personal friend so I know she's "real." She also posts links to her suggestions and ideas on Facebook.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:57 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I too have oily skin, one thing I read is that contrary to popular belief, you should NOT wash your face more, your skin will only produce more oil. Everything I use is oil free and water based - Neutrogena tinted SPF 30 moisturizer for the day with Bare Minerals make up and Bare Minerals Bare Vitamins moisturizer at night, I don't use a real night cream because oilier skin doesn't wrinkle like dry skin (there's the up side!) Go online or to a beauty store like Ulta and get some Rice Paper for blotting on really oily days, all you have to do is blot the shine away and your makeup is intact. If you don't have rice paper or don't want to buy any, you can sub one ply TP but I prefer Rice Paper, it works better for me.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 10:59 PM on May. 15, 2011