Seems to me a blogger on The Stir really hates pitbulls and Rotweilers....

I have seen multiple postings about dogs and it seems like she just has to mention PITBULLS AND ROTWEILERS! Like they are the evil breeds! I have had nothing but sweet experiences with both! Do you think someone that has no experience with certain breeds should comment and blog about them?

Of course you should not leave your kids unattended with ANY kind of animal. Not just Pitbulls and Rottweilers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Pets

• Oh i am not going to even let myself get started on how ignorant people are when it comes to two breeds that are HIGHLY misunderstood. I grew up with parents owning only pitbulls all very loyal and loving. Thier only downfall as a breed is that they are OVER eager to please thier owners. I still to this day have owned pitbulls with no problem they are excellent with children, easily trained (again which evil people exploit) and only have been known to attack the lawnmower lol. Ban the deed not the breed!
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 12:07 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i see alot a people post stuff about pitbulls on craigslist as well, I myself have 2 pitbulls they are amazing and i would not trade them for any other breed of dog , they are worse than little dogs all they want to do is lay in your lap give you kisses and be loved they constantly want our attention or they wimpier and whine, i have had my dogs for 4 years and my son is 5 and my step daughter is 8 we have never had a problem with them at all, my son lays on them, pulls their tail and does everything with our dogs. all dogs can be mean not just pitbulls, research shows that more people get hit with lightening a year than get attacked by a pitbull, also dogs do not attack for no reason. when i was younger my sister got her lip bit by a poodle, she had to get 8 stiches in her lip. people are just ignorant
    mandiirae

Answer by mandiirae at 2:31 AM on May. 8, 2011

• i do believe that unless a person is well educated on a breed and have personal expierience to back it up they should not be able to talk about it. my family and family members have owned both rotts and pits and if i had my choice we would have them. our pits were the sweetest dogs. my sisters rott is amazing. i am also a fan of shepherds which people tend to fear.
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 11:56 AM on May. 8, 2011

• and actually yes there are bad people out there who now breed pits to attack but pits were actually breed in the beginning to be companions. the owners are responsible for the way dogs act. you see more attacks by these larger stronger breeds in ER's becasue they can do more damage. if i was attacked by a smaller dog i probably wouldnt go tto the ER either. but small dog bits are actually much more common. my moms pug used to bit me all the time. do i hate pugs no, but i dont prefer small dogs anyway.
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 12:01 PM on May. 8, 2011

• The only 'evil' when it comes to dogs, are the owners that abuse and torture ANY of them, and the dumb ones that actually teach them bad habits and behavior because they don't know enough about dogs to train one ... but they have to have one. Mean people and selfish people have harmed a LOT of good dogs ... makes me sad :-(
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:44 PM on May. 8, 2011

• " research shows that more people get hit with lightening a year than get attacked by a pitbull, also dogs do not attack for no reason"
    First, I would love for u too shoiw me where u got that info from about lightening striking more people then pittbull attacks. 2nd some will attack without warning ands without any obvious cause. I myself was a victim of a unprovoked dog attack when I was 13 yrs old. I was making a snowman, I was all by myself in a park. There are 2 reasons why I didn't ger killed by this dog. 1 was cause I was wearing a snowsuit ans the 2nd reason is this retired army sniper shot this dog killing it while it was attacking me. Nobody knew why this dog attacked me and of course nobody stepped up and claimed the dog either. The other day my dh was walking our dog, when a dog arcoss thr street raced across the road and attacked our dog. So yes, dog to attack w/o reason or if they do, human are clueless as to why
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:46 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I love pits and Rotties, but I will not own either again. WE had a pit mix that tried to kill my lab mix. We had the pit mix put down. My rottie mix was a foster and was great, but was to hyper for me and my autistic son.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 2:56 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I don't think anybody who has never PERSONALLY EXPERIENCED BEING AROUND EITHER DOG SHOULD PASS JUDGEMENT. I have been bitten before walking down the street and it was a small breed dog. Now do I think that certain breed is all bad? No. People that have no idea about pitbulls and rottweilers are quick to judge! If every dog attack was listed those so called facts would change....

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:59 AM on May. 8, 2011

• AMEN! they are both very loving dogs. and yes it pisses me off that people just assume they hate them.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:20 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Yes they can be lovely breeds of dogs, but they were bred by people to fight and protect. I will admit i've never met a nasty rotweiler, but pitbulls are illegal here and I agree with that ban. It is because of humans irresponsible breeding that that breed is no longer allowed. Whilst I know that not all dogs are bad and that no dog can ever be totally trusted...i for one would never have a rottweiler (or a pitbull if they were legal). They were bred to fight and no matter how well they are trained...that streak is still there and could come out. I feel sorry for the breed as we did this to them.
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 5:31 AM on May. 8, 2011