What to bring to Christmas dinner?

My FIL just asked me this evening to bring a dish to Christmas. What is something I can bring that probably no one else is going to bring (rule out mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, etc.)

LazyMistake

Asked by LazyMistake at 3:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Food & Drink

• my mom always made jello salad it never lasted through the meal lol all you need is a large package of cherry (any flavor) jello and a container of cool whip. Make the jello as directed and put it in the fridge when its still liquidy but thick mix in the container of cool whip thoroughly cover it and let it settle the rest of the way in the fridge over night - mmmmmm sounds so good
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 4:10 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• What about fruit salad? Since there isn't a lot of fresh fruit choices at this time of year, I know a quick, easy, and tasty fruit salad recipe using canned fruit:
    2 cans Very Cherry fruit cocktail
    2 cans pineapple chunks (in juice)
    2 cans (the 15 oz size) mandarin oranges
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    1 pkg jell-o instant pudding (I prefer lemon, but you can use vanilla)
    cool whip
    Drain the fruit cocktail and discard syrup. Drain the pineapple, reserving at least 1 cup of the juice, then do the same with the mandarin oranges, combining the juices. Add the instant pudding to the fruit; add lemon juice and just enough of the reserved juice to wet the fruit. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes. The pudding will thicken with the juice to form a sauce. Add cool whip, about a cup or so, combining thoroughly. Chill for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 8:05 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i'm making a veggie pizza like i do every year you get those corrsant rolls in a can i buy fat free no one knows the diffence put it in the oven get it done brown on top and bottom cut up all kinds of veggies( have to make the sauce )it's a pack of hidden valley powder mix it's in the same place the dressing is and cream cheese(fat free) and sour cream (fat free)and mix together all of it now you got your crust in the pan and your sauce put the sauce on and veggies on top and then take shredded fancy cheeseput on top they will go nuts everybody loves my veggie pizza...hope u do to
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Have you ever eaten Carrot Souffle......Its so good! I don't even like carrots but this is sweet like sweet potatos.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:10 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I absolutely LOVE Cauliflower Gratin.. I made it last year for Christmas, and it was such a big hit.. everyone scarfed it down in no time! It's so easy to make, but it'll impress everyone for sure. Message me for the recipe if you're interested!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2008