How would you convince your hubby to get his prostate and colon checked ? will your hubby ever agree to it ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 3:28 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Health

• Educate him. Go to WebMd.com/prostate so he knows what will happen if he gets and exam. It will also tell him what will happen if he doesn't get the test done. Its 80% curable if caught in time. If not, its a slow and somewhat painful death. Its worth it for a doc to take a few minutes, if that long to get the test done. It beats being buried 6 ft under and leave u alone and mourning his death. Women have to suffer thru a doc having us laying on a table with our legs wide open to everyone and god to get a life saving test! So he can bend over and take it like a man!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:49 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I think Michigan-Mom74 gave you some great advice. My DH got his checked on his own. He'll be thirty next month but for the better part of the last decade he's had pain in that area without obvious cause (multiple STD checks were performed). Turns out there's nothing wrong with his prostate, but he has cystitis.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 3:58 AM on May. 8, 2011

• My husband is 53.  He gets a prostate exam with his annual physical every year.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:46 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Oops forgot the second part of yur question.

My dh had a colonoscopy last year after his mother was diagnosed with colon cancer.  The doctor found and removed a polyp and the biopsy confirmed that it could have become cancer if it had been left.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:50 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I would tell him if he doesn't do it that I'll personally shove my hand up his ass and make sure he's alright!

Ew, I'm just kidding. I would tell him that if he loves me he will go get himself checked because I don't want to lose him because he was ignorant and stubborn and that I would do it for him if he asked me to get checked.

Educating him would be a great idea, I'm sure he would rather "take it like a man" then have to take surgery like a man.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 7:39 AM on May. 8, 2011

• My husband agreed when the doctor suggested it. Talk to his doctor and ask him to bring up the question.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 5:03 AM on May. 9, 2011