What Else Do You Think I Should Do? adult content

Okay ladies, here's the scoop. All opinions are welcome, even silly ones!

I had our third kid a month ago and I was on pelvic rest the whole pregnancy, hence The Husband Person and I have not had sex for like ten months now. No sex whatsoever, Husband Person expressed no interest in any level of shenanigans. Neither one of us are very demonstrative people, we both find it difficult to talk about "it" without giggling, a couple of cases of Nerd Arrested Development, I suppose. And we'd both started to see sex as a sport--play hard for an hour, get all sweaty and try not to get hit in the eye. But now that we've had this looooong break, I thought it would be interesting to re-invent our sex life a bit. Now that we're staring down the barrel of Return To Sexual Beinghood, here's what I've done so far:

1) I bought a few books on general and Tantric massage and read them.
2) Because it's hard to visualize some things from instructions in a book, I bought an "instructional video" as well. Okay, okay, it's porn, I bought a 30-minute allegedly educational PORNO featuring nekkid ladies giving happy endings. As it has not yet arrived, I can't speak to its usefulness, but I never bought porn before so I figured it was relevant. I was planning on watching that by myself, AS an instructional video.
3) I plan to start giving The Husband Person massages for relaxation only to start with, the idea being to start getting him to talk more about himself.

From that point, I haven't planned anything because things could go in many directions there, sort of hard to come up with a contingency for everything!

Anyway, what do you ladies think? Anything you'd change, add or omit? Got any ideas for a Step 4? Come on now, plenty of creative clever ladies here whose brains I wish to pick!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Throw on some sexy underwear and strip for him!
    I dont look like a supermodel but my man gets super excited when I wear sexy underwear! lol
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 7:17 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Sounds like a good plan to me! Maybe in addition to that you could also plan a romantic night for the two of you. Find a babysitter and have a nice dinner.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:20 AM on May. 8, 2011

• A little bit of an adult beverage can lower inhibitions.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 7:29 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Some men does not like the woman to have good ideas,,
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 7:45 AM on May. 8, 2011

• You guys sound like a cute couple :) I agree with some of the other suggestions- it would be nice to go all out and have a date night and babysitter, but if you can't, that's no big deal either. Lingerie is always nice, as is changing up the roles a little bit, such as if he is always the one going after you for sex, maybe you can initiate it. Just a few thoughts for you :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:04 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Hmmmmm. Ten months???? Wouldn't be needin' nothin' 'cept a green light from the good doc.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:07 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I have no advice...but you're a very good writer & funny. I was LMAO...thanks!

Good luck!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:12 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Patron should do the trick.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:24 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Put something sexy on and talk dirty to him.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:04 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Sounds like a good start! I agree with an adult beverage or two if you guys drink at all, just to help relax and lower inhibitions. Then wear some sexy lingerie--if you're like me, you'll feel ludicrous in a dirty nurse get-up or something, so by "sexy lingerie", I'm always talking classy, something small and silky and feminine. See where it leads. Just don't force yourselves to be something in bed that you're not--just because other people are doing something, or because an instructional video says you should do it this way or that, don't do it if it's not something that makes both of you feel romantic. That's how my DH and I--our sex lives are probably a lot like you and yours, and to try to become something we're not would only result in us feeling ridiculous and decidedly unsexy :-).
    Good luck, have fun, and big congrats on your new little one.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:14 AM on May. 8, 2011