Lost my mucus plug, had my bloody show, and been having painful contractions for a couple days now

They come sometimes once an hour, once every half hour, once every 20mins, once every 10mins, it all just depends. They hurt my entire stomach and can stretch to my back. They feel completely different from the BH I've been having. I took an hour long walk yesterday and the day before. I've also been cleaning and doing my share of relaxing/napping as well.

What else should I be doing to get these contractions regular and closer together? My due date is today! I plan on DTD with hubby today since I found out sex is okay after losing your plug. I'd just love to have her on Mother's Day and honestly I just don't think my belly can stretch anymore haha.

ours

Asked by ours at 8:22 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I hope u have her today too!!! Good Luck! Congratulations!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:24 AM on May. 8, 2011

• walking, bouncing on a yoga ball, sex, supposedly eating fresh pineapple.... but just remember not all women go to like 5min apart, if they are coming consistantly for the same amount of time between each one then call your doctor and head in . GL!
    paigesmommy5264

Answer by paigesmommy5264 at 8:38 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I wonder how much longer these early labor contractions can last for?? They started Friday night which is when I lost my plug, Saturday morning is when I noticed the bloody show.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 9:50 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Good luck hon! I'm still not contracting at all. I'd just walk, time contractions and drink plenty of water. If you get to the point that you cant stand it anymore go to the hospital.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:12 AM on May. 8, 2011

• i loss my plug oct 19th 4pm but didn"t have son until oct 21 but u can walk often , go pee hold back a little then walk some more take deep breath so on congerlations on baby
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 10:51 AM on May. 8, 2011

• walk, walk, walk! I'd wait until they got closer.Maybe give your dr a call just to get their opinion.Congrats on your soon to be addition!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:32 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Well, I was in labor with my 3rd for almost 8 days. Sporadic contractions in clusters (every 2-3 minutes) and then nothing for a while, then more... I dilated about 1 cm a day. It was NOT fun, but it was bearable. To add to the mix, all 3 of my babies were posterior- something about my having a very low pelvis, that was just how they needed to settle.
    The 2nd, was a 48 hour labor. Again, I never had "regular" contractions, but my body was definitely preparing for birth.
    The 1st was 36 hours. Again, the contractions were never regular.

Contrary to popular belief, your contractions may never be "regular", and they don't need to be :) Your body knows what it is doing, even if your brain says otherwise.

Good luck! Oh, and stay hydrated!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:30 PM on May. 8, 2011