Am I Being too sensitive?

My son is only 8 months old so he can't say happy mothers day obviously (don't get me wrong, having him in my life Alone is the greatest mothers day gift ever) but anyway I don't expect a gift, but I thought it would be nice if my husband could have at least wished me a happy mothers day. He did not, and I know I'm not his mom, so am I being too sensitive because my feelings are hurt because he didn't say anything to me?!

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 9:12 AM on May. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm sorry but it is and will be for years your SO's job to do this for you and your son together... even though its a 'Hallmark" holiday, this is the one day dedicated to all you do as a wife and mother and partner.. I don't think for a second that you are being over sensitive. I think its very sad he didn't at the VERY least, tell you happy mothers day :(
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:15 AM on May. 9, 2011

• You know,I've never gotten this,"you're not my mom so I can't think of you" BS. They make cards for just about anyone to give to a mom. Until your child is old enough to make you a card,etc,your SO should be doing it for them

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:38 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I think he can at least say it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:48 AM on May. 8, 2011

• in my husband's family holidays weren't as big of a deal as they were in mine, so when my first mother's day came around I made sure he knew it was a big deal to me ahead of time so I wouldn't be left feeling like you are today. Then when father's day came I spoiled him rotten, after that he has gotten the picture of how much more fun holidays are when you make them special. Its hard to meld together two separate ideas what what is expected in a marriage including how you celebrate certain days and rather than be upset with how he isn't making it special for you, talk to him and come to an agreement on how they should be celebrated.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 9:57 AM on May. 8, 2011

• C that's the thing, I've always made a big deal of fathers days for him with my step son! I get him a gift and a card and we go to dinner! Even though I may be overly sensitive my feelings r hurt. Especially to my pregnancy was very difficult I had toxemia and went through 78 hours of labor and then had ppd afterwards. U would think that the least he could do is say happy m day. Idk, I guess I'm just throwing myself a pity party.
    PANZONSMOM

Comment by PANZONSMOM (original poster) at 10:01 AM on May. 8, 2011

• mothers day is a day to celebrate you efforts as a mom.. as your partner in parenting the least he coulddo is acknowledge your effort and his thanx for those efforts for being the mother of his child. A simple thank you for being a great mom on a day like today is not hard to ask for.

(those that have men that are the : "well your not MY mom" mentality are typically the ones that turn out to be a bunch of selfish losers)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:07 AM on May. 8, 2011

• No you aren't being too sensitive! Look my ex bro in law still tells my sis happy mothers day and takes my niece to get a gift! He should be doing those things! Geesh what a turd! lol
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 10:21 AM on May. 8, 2011

• No, you are right, he should have at least, said something. I agree, untill the kids are old enough to do their own thing for mothers day, the dads should do something, you might not be their mom, but their kids mom! so I'd be annoyed too.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 11:19 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I can never understand holidays other than the main ones like thanksgiving and such. We should all as a family celebrate each other everyday, we shouldn't need to be gifted or recognized for doing the right thing, and we would avoid all these hurt feelings I see year after year. I would not personally let it hurt your feeings, men don't value days like this as much a women and it coud be not that he doesn't value you, but that it slipped his mind to mention it TODAY. If he shows you love and appreciation regularly, you already know he thinks youre a good momma or he take his son and skip. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOMMA! HOPE you enjoy your family and your husband remembers to tell you happy mothers day! if not try to enjoy the day anyway.
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 11:21 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Hmmm... My DH always celebrates Mother's Day for me with our kids, I always get my MIL something and tell her Happy Mother's Day, and she does the same for me, same with DH's grandmother, my mom, and my grandmother. If my sis were here in the US with us, we'd take her out to dinner :) We give every mother in our family a gift, or at least a card.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:10 PM on May. 8, 2011