Caan I use honey & vinegar for my 1.5 year olds cough.

I have heard that honey and vinegar works well, and have used it myself. My baby has a bad cough, and is wheezing terribly, can I use it for him? and how mych should i give him how often?

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 9:31 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• has he been seen by a doc?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:35 AM on May. 8, 2011

• If your baby is wheezing, you should probably take him to a doctor. It could be something that requires antibiotics or a breathing treatment.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 9:44 AM on May. 8, 2011

• It just started this weekend, (sat) and our clinic is closed till sunday. im just looking for somthing I can do @ home till I can take him 2 a doctor.
    sarahlu

Comment by sarahlu (original poster) at 9:55 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Clinic closed till Monday.. lol.. sorry
    sarahlu

Comment by sarahlu (original poster) at 9:56 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Vinegar can kill bacteria germs, it also works for people with chronic ear infections, you can but a few drops in the ear while bathing. Since your daughter is over a year old a little honey should be fine also.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:17 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I was always told NO honey Before at least 2.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 10:17 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I don't see anything wrong with it, but do look for signs that your little one is not getting enough oxygen...I would be worried about the wheezing. Look for blue around the nose and mouth and also look at figer tips make sure they are not blue. Another thing you can check for is sucking in under the ribs when he or she is breathing. My daughter has asthma so wheezing is the first sign that she may need a breathing treatment...also, she has had phnemonia before same thing happens. Good luck and hopefully u can get your little one into the doc soon.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:23 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Try steaming the bathroom with him in it. run the shower just as hot as you can and get him to sit on the potty with a book or play cars on the floor. as he breathes in the steam, it should help open his lungs up. He should be fine with honey too.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 11:38 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I've never tried the vinegar, but we do honey. Nether one will hurt him, so I say start with a very small dose and see what happens. Course follow up with a steamy shower and some vapor rub.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 7:17 PM on May. 8, 2011