What do you do for your son's/daughter's birthmom on Mother's Day? (adoptive mom)

I sent a beautiful poem over to my son's birthmom for Mother's Day. I always want her to know just how special and how close to my heart she is, and will always be. Just curious as to what other adoptive mom's do for birthmom's on this special day.

Kellyjude1

Asked by Kellyjude1 at 9:36 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Adoption

• thats a really sweet gesture on your part.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:58 AM on May. 8, 2011

• That was really sweet. Did you compose the poem yourself? Either way, it shows a lot of thought. Early in our first OA relationship I sent a "Birth Mother's Day" card, but after talking with some of the b moms here I realized that it probably wasn't the best choice since it implies that she is somehow different from other mothers. Now I just call and say happy Mother's Day. It's a good chance to catch up and visit.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:46 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I sent a mother's day card from me and one from my girls, an update letter and a huge packet of pictures. She won't respond at all and that makes me sad but at least she knows the door is still open. I also think it's important for my girls to see me make the effort.
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 11:45 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Sadly nothing... our dd is in a closed international adoption and we don't know who her first mother is...
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:22 PM on May. 8, 2011

• My DD's a-mom used to call, etc, a couple years she sent a card, but she walked out on her family a couple of years ago so nothing anymore. A-dad is doing wonderfully with the kids but doesn't give a thought to some days like Mothers Day ;). Doesn't bother me. But, just a bit of information I learned yesterday - the day before Mothers Day is Birthmothers Day ;).
    Anonymous

• When my adoptee son called me today to wish me a happy mothers day, he said "mom says hi" that's all I needed. I said 'tell her happy mother's day". what more do you need?
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:06 AM on May. 9, 2011

• We have sent cards, flowers, cookies, and a picture book to DD's BMom for the first 4 Mother's Days. Unfortunately we had so much going on this year that Mother's Day kind of got here before I knew it and so nothing was done.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:29 AM on May. 12, 2011