19 weeks with pain adult content

ive been having a sharp pain from my vag to my stomach it goes away and then comes back off and on, i called the dr. and the on call one called me back and just said take a tylenol and take it easy but im still worried. any one have any advice??

kymme11

Asked by kymme11 at 9:43 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had what I refer to as "lightening" pains at the end of my pregnancy. The pain was very sharp and intense and would cause me to stop speaking and jerk with its force. They, too, seemed to be from the vag to the stomach. These pains lasted for weeks and I was told they were normal but I had four children and only experienced this with my 4th. On my due date, I had to go to the ER with my 5 yr old late at night since she swallowed a watch battery by accident since my husband was out of town for work. I couldn't even converse with the ER staff because of these pains. Apparently, it is supposed to be the body preparing for labor but I think it is nerve related and the baby's position inside you. It went away once I was in active labor and didn't come back. I also had strange pains w/ my 3rd baby but it turned out to be gallbladder attacks but these were in my shoulder blades & epigastric region - not the same
    flightless

Answer by flightless at 9:58 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I would take the tylenol and see how it helps. I had similar pains and unfortunately nothing worked for me and I had to deal with it but my doctor also said it was normal. I took warm baths when it happened and it helped a little to tolerate it more.
    AnC83

Answer by AnC83 at 10:11 AM on May. 8, 2011