Is your SO/DH or your DD/DS working on Mother's Day?

MMXI

Asked by MMXI at 9:45 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• My husband is in Afghanistan, but I did get a phone call from him this morning

LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 2:54 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Yes. DH is a cop, rarely off on weekends. DS works around his school schedule so weekends are filled with work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on May. 8, 2011

• My SO worked last night till 5 am and has to do some video work today. I would be disappointedbut I have decided to be happy he has a job and that he is willing to work so hard so I can be home with the kids. For me it really is the best gift. How ever it did take a bit of being pouty after he left last night for me to come to the decision.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:49 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Yep, he worked 12 hours last night and is asleep right now. He has to go back in at 7 for 17 hours. = (
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:47 AM on May. 8, 2011

• No one else is working, but I am at work from 7am to 3pm. I will still get to enjoy the day.
    momofcac

Answer by momofcac at 9:55 AM on May. 8, 2011

• My hubby has the day off, but my daughter has to go in this afternoon.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:01 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Nope, everyone is home... It's laundry day, so we'll be in and out to go to the mat... But mostly home cleaning, getting ready for the week ahead.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:03 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Yep, but this is the norm. He tends to work most holidays, they do try and get him Christmas off though. Doesn't even phase me anymore. I'll celebrate with DD today and whenever he has a day off I know he'll take me out fishing or to do something else if the weather is bad. (I love to fish.)
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 10:16 AM on May. 8, 2011

• yep, I havent seen him since Feb, and wont see him til after Father's day
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:17 AM on May. 8, 2011

• yes he just left and it sucks he has to work all day.but in one way its ok becasue he will be cooking for all those moms that they take out to eat today.so its ok.
    desires_place

Answer by desires_place at 10:28 AM on May. 8, 2011