Swimming aids

What is the best swimming aid for an 18 month old. We are planning on trying to do some swimming this summer and I was just wondering what other mothers found to be the most useful swimming aids for their toddlers. Of course I will be right there with him the entire time but was looking for what swimming gear other moms found helpful.

AshleyBishop06

Asked by AshleyBishop06 at 9:52 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The best one is Stearns kids Puddle Jumper. My son wouldn't use anything else last summer so this was a last resort but he LOVED it! It gives him so much more mobility than the things they sit in, he could actually move around with it like he was really swimming but it definitely held him up. It's coast guard approved as a life vest, but isn't bulky and restricting like a regular life jacket.

Answer by missanc at 7:00 PM on May. 8, 2011

• i loved the full body suits you buy in the swim section at target/walmart......my son loved the water and these worked wonderful because he could never sink underwater because they bounce back to the surface.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:57 AM on May. 8, 2011

• My DD loved the circle thing she could sit in -- when she was about 2.5 is when she started liking arm bands and those "noodle" things.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:28 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I like those swim suites with the built in removable chest pads that are floating devices. We used them for DS and just got one for DD but she hadnt used it yet.
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 11:03 AM on May. 8, 2011

• http://www.walmart.com/ip/Swimways-Power-Swimmer-Vest-Small/4787052

I used this, and walmart/target also sells something similar to this that also has floaties on the arms as well. My daughter at 18 months was only using a circle tube floatie thing. She could hold on very well especially with me being there with her.
    AnC83

Answer by AnC83 at 10:03 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Little swimmers pull ups.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:24 AM on May. 8, 2011