I have changed my mind on releasing the death pics of Bin Laden.

I don't think they should be released to be used in his martyrdom After 9-11 Obama's video's showed him dressed as a great jihadist, warrior, with his combat fatigues and his AK-47. Other video's have him dressed in the gold robes and such that are traditional Muslim garb, with dyed hair and beard. Now the US is able to reduce him to the status he actually had obtained. A broken, aging, gray-haired man, who was reduced to hiding in one room in a filthy house filled with trash videotaping himself watching video's of himself, while wrapped in plain brown blanket, with a stocking cap and gray beard and hair.
They are also able to deny his followers of his final message.

Do you think this will have an affect on how his worshipers view him?

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:18 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:19 AM on May. 8, 2011

• No I don't think it will change their views of him..... "Love" is blind.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 10:21 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I have actually changed my mind on the whole thing. I dont think we needed to know they killed him at all.

Answer by gemgem at 10:25 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I agree with gemgem.
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 10:29 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I don't really care if they release the photo. I just care that our military men and women stay safe and there is no way to guarantee that. His followers want to kill us anyhow, a photo won't change that, it will just step up their efforts. I have no plan on looking at photos of his dead body if they were to release them.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:10 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Yes,i still want to see the proof.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 11:37 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Pictures won't prove anything . The NAvy Seals and the DNA test are all I need.
    I don't think a picture of a dead BinLaden will prove anything,guardmp Mom.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:42 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I actually agree with you, Carpy. I think the best way to handle this is to wipe the dust from our hands and move on with life. To dwell on it, to celebrate it and constantly make it part of every newscast and media-hyped discussion is to draw attention to him. It was that attention that helped him and his followers to thrive. To simply move on after the fact, not look back, and give as little attention to him, his death and his followers as possible--and to just let the images of a broken, aging man linger--might be the best way to reduce the possibility of turning him into a larger-than-life martyr.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 11:48 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I see no reason to release the photos. In fact, I am DONE hearing about this on the news - DONE!!! Osama is DEAD, HE'S DEAD. The country is happy, so can we move on now??? I didn't even give a damn about the home movies they released. I ALMOST feel as if the media will focus so much on this to get our attention off the fact that our economy still SUCKS!! Just something in the back of my head.

Anonymous

• I ALMOST feel as if the media will focus so much on this to get our attention off the fact that our economy still SUCKS!!

I think this was planned to get a lot of things buried on the back burner....the BC issue and the problems with it, the economy, the job numbers and to give Obama a boost in the polls.

As to the picture, I'm still on the fence. On one hand maybe it will show some of the smart followers that he was really a pathetic old man in hiding rather than a leader to be blindly followed. To those who followed him no matter what? It won't change a thing for them.

Sometimes I feel sorry for the suicide bombers and so angry at the so-called leaders behind them. If you believe in something so much, why send others out to do the dirty work and die while you sit home safe?
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 12:48 PM on May. 8, 2011