Relationship question?

I have been dating my BF for almost a year now. We are both in our 40's, And this will be our 1st Mother's day that we will be spending together. We have plans to get together later today....Our relationship has been a bit rocky. But, we are still very much in love!.....And we show one another we are....

But, last night he said something that made me start to question him and who he really is. I am a single mother of two boys ages 20 and 12 yo. and he has met one of my two boys. And he is divorced with two girls 16 & 18 yo. and i have met one of his girls also. Well, I found out last night that he would NOT be wishing me a happy mother's day today. And
when i questioned him, as to why. He replied.......
........."No, because your not my mother"....

This is sending red flags up all over the place with me. And it makes me wonder ....
I mean, if i go out to the store per say, on mother's day, perfect strangers say happy mother's day to me....So why can't my own BF say happy mother's day to me?

Thanks ladies!

gogogirl79

Asked by gogogirl79 at 11:18 AM on May. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• my x was the same way when we were married I am the mother of his only children and he never bought me anything or even said stuff about mothers day except those same words "your not my mother" his relationship with his mother was bad so i sort of understood but it still hurt !!! although he would take my kids to get me something or even help them make me something he never said it.... now I'm with a wonderful man that makes everyday about me and he even started with the happy mothers day Thurs and he lets me know how much he loves me and appreciates me and everything that I do for our family and my SD!!!!so it really does make a big difference. Good Luck and Happy Mothers day!!!!

traren

Answer by traren at 11:59 AM on May. 8, 2011

• That's not a very nice thing to say.. I mean , what cost is it to him if he wishes you a happy mothers day ? Sometimes, men can be so insensitive ! I think just let it go because he seems like he has his mind set. Fathers day is right around the corner sweets.. Ignore him that day
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 11:31 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Well... I dunno about red flags. It just seems insensitive.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:24 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I don't see why it should bring about red flags, you are not his mother, nor are you the mother of his children. Men can be insensitive but we can be overly sensitive. Pick your battles hon. Happy Mother's Day!!!!
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:34 AM on May. 8, 2011

• my bf did the same thing to me today. and when he said "well your not my mother" I was like well i have birth to our son's ya know. basically he told me to get over it, its just another day. so like that last lady said Ignore him and see how that makes him feel. thats what i plan on doing. good luck mama.....And by the way.... Happy Mother's Day to you. hope you have a nice day. go out and pamper your self or something...i did lol.
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 11:40 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Thank you ladies...And some of you are right...I guess i should ignore it....But, the red flags have been going up for quite some time. This is not the first time he has behaved like this, just different situation. I guess i am just wondering if i want to spend time with a man who is this "In sensitive"?....Anyhow, "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY" to all of you as well.....Make it a GREAT day ladies!...And thanks again for all the comments...Much appreciated!!
    gogogirl79

Comment by gogogirl79 (original poster) at 11:45 AM on May. 8, 2011