What can I do to disapline my daughter how is 11 yr old she doesnt lisen to her parent or teachers

My daughter talks back to her teacherd and her mom and dad. She give no respect to anyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on May. 8, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Spare the rod, spoil the child... YOU are the parent, not her. I STILL dont get away with that mess with my mom & I'm 21. She needs to know she is not the boss & she doesnt have a say or an opinion. RESPECT IS EARNED!!
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 11:29 AM on May. 8, 2011

• If she doesn't listen she doesn't get whatever it is thats important to her. No sweets, no tv, no phone, no pc, etc etc. Start making her life as boring and filled with work as possible. If she can't behave she's not allowed to have fun.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:36 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Why does she think she can? You have been allowing her to get away with stuff and now you hve to start over.
    Have a family meeting and tell her that there are going to be new rules with new punishments. Lay it all out so there's NO misunderstanding. Talking back = loss of phone privledges for example. She's 11, does she go out on her bike with her friends? Take the bike away. Have a cell? Take it away.
    You can even start by taking all her privledges away inthe very beginning and making her arn them back with random acts of helpfulness... doing the dishes w/o being asked etc.
    It will be tough, they are stubborn at this age. So you have to be tougher.
    Good luck momma, happy Mothers' day
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 11:39 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I agree with Zarviemom19 but also start sending her to her room every time she disrespects you and take all forms of entertainment away one by one she'll get the message or she'll sit in an empty bed room on the bed all day plus add chores you have to show her there are consequencesto her actions and she'll be doing nothing but chores and bed room if she keeps it up!!!!! make a chart to list all the bad and good things she does also give her a chance to earn back privileges by respecting you but don't just give in and give her stuff back because she gets worse your showing her that she can do whatever she wants.

traren

Answer by traren at 11:44 AM on May. 8, 2011

• Start today by letting her know what your expectations for her will be- how she may talk to you and others, what you expect of her behavior, and what the consequences will be if she does not do these things. Then STICK TO IT!!!! Yes, it will be hard at first and it will probably get worse before it gets better. But stick to it and she will figure out quickly who is in charge.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:55 AM on May. 8, 2011

• I assign certain exercises for punishment. Talking back gets my 5 year old 20 jumping jacks. She hates it when she HAS to do it.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 12:10 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Take away the things she enjoys - video games, computer time, etc. No privileges until she can treat adults respectfully.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:01 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Those behaviors sound to me like she is angry and looking for a way to control something.
    My question is WHY is she behaving this why?. Sit down with her without any expectations and talk to her. Maybe she needs some pro help to sort through why she is behaving this way. The only person who can help her find help is you or her father.
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 3:33 PM on May. 8, 2011