Is it necessary to buy a test kit to know when you're ovulating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• no i dont think so, you can always tell your ovulating by your temp. an also by your i guess your i think cervical mucus
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 12:03 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I guess not. Women have been getting pregnant since the beginning of time and I seriously doubt they had test kits. I know when I was having my kids in the 80's, we had no such animal.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:06 PM on May. 8, 2011

• No I never did. I just figured out how long my cycle was. Then I counted. My cycle is 30 days for instance. So from the first day of my last period I counted to 14, and knew I was ovulating on day 15 for sure.

Answer by gemgem at 12:10 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I've never needed one. I checked my cervical mucus, and I used a ferning scope, which looks at the patterns in yoir saliva. It makes a ferning pattern when you're ovulating. My mucus alone is really enough, the scope was just for good measure. The OPKs are usually behind that anyway, which means you have less time to TTC.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:35 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Nope a test kit won't get you preggers, BUT sex will lol. I never wasted my money on that crap. Just have fun with your husband!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:53 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I've always just used a calendar, but I have always had a very predictable & regular cycle. I have a friend whose religious beliefs prevent them from using any birth control other than abstaining so she uses basal body temp charts to know when she is ovulating. It is a very involved process so research it if you want to go that route. You have to take your body temp first thing in the morning before moving out of bed- even to get up for the bathroom, then chart it for a couple months to track patterns and see when you have a spike in temp that occurs with ovulation.
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 4:51 PM on May. 8, 2011