Breakfast In Bed! Is it better with little ones or big kids?

Now that my 'children' are old enough to prepare something I don't have to PRETEND to enjoy eating, the flavor of my Mothers Day morning has improved. But....

.... there is a certain spark of excitement I miss. When those chubby little cheeks were aglow with the excitement of serving me something THEY made (that tasted even worse than it looked), the meal had it's own special sweetness.

Motherhood certainly does have its trade-offs. Which breakfast would you prefer:

* the one served with perfect joy?
* the one served with perfect flavor?

(I can't decide ... I love them both, as much as I love the angels that serve them.)

Happy Mothers Day!

ss_mom

Asked by ss_mom at 12:04 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Holidays

• I know it's Mother's Day, but I still got up this morning and made homemade strawberry waffles with bacon and scrambled eggs. They served me breakfast in bed after I cooked. I still had fun, but it's not over. They have a huge surprise for me later. I'll keep you guys posted.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 12:16 PM on May. 8, 2011

• The one served with perfect joy is my choice.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 12:17 PM on May. 8, 2011

• That sounds like fun..... unfortunately my hubby totally blows off mother's day and does NOTHING, I don't even get a happy mothers day from him. When the kids were in grade school they would make mothers day presents at school and give them to me, those were precious keepsakes! Now that the 2 older kids are out of grade school.... I am lucky if they tell me happy mothers day or at least try to behave and get along for ONE day! Sigh...... I feel so unappreciated!!!!!!
    Anonymous