Is it normal to have a numbing sensation going the full length of your spine after a spinal block?

I just had a baby on the 4th via c-section. After getting home I started to have these feelings in my back. I think it was because of the spinal. The anaesthesiologist nurse attempted to give me a spinal numerous times and hit a nerve twice that sent a sharp pain down my right leg. The anaesthesiologist doctor had to take over and hit the right spot on the first attempt. I now have a huge bruise on my lower back for it.

JoeleneMarie

Asked by JoeleneMarie at 12:35 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Health

• Its not "normal" but it is common, meaning you aren't supposed to have that happen but it happens frequently. Make sure you get plenty of folate, because it heals nerve damage--either from your prenatal vitamins, green leafy veggies or an extra supplement. The top of my butt was numb for months after my 1st C-section, but its resolved now and I had a second C section with no complications :)
    lizi.clawson

Answer by lizi.clawson at 1:19 PM on May. 8, 2011