When do you start teaching a toddler to get dressed?

I'm still dressing Amanda, she is almost 2 1/2, should I start?

jekr43

Asked by jekr43 at 6:10 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 21 month old already tries to dress herself. So if she wants to try I let her. There are moments when she gets frustrated but at least she interested and wants some independence.
    prettyinpink2

Answer by prettyinpink2 at 6:53 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• sometimes they learn to dress themselves it may be backwards but they try lol my 3 year old still needs me to dress her at times your daughter will pick it up on her own ou can incourage her to try on her own once in awhile that way she gets use to it good luck
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 7:17 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I still have to dress my 2 1/2 year old most of the time, but she likes to try. Lately I hand her her clothes and let her try to do it herself. But usually I have to help. Otherwise we end up in the middle of the store and I realize her pants are backwards. It's happened =) Just encourage her and let her go at her pace.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 8:01 AM on Dec. 5, 2008