I can't wait till the lord zaps me on out of here anyone feel the same way??

terripocket56

Asked by terripocket56 at 12:48 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope. This one amazing, hard, joyful, heart breaking, exciting, incredible journey is all we've got. There are no pots of gold at the end of the rainbow, or, in this case streets paved with gold at the end of our lives.
    Sometimes things are incredibly hard, terrifying, or down right depressing- but all we've got is today, nothing is guaranteed. I definitely wouldn't want to lose today over something which may be gone tomorrow.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:08 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Well, I'd have to go with a "to each his own" kind of mentality on this... If someone is living the kind of life that makes them wish that 'the Lord would zap them out of here', then that's okay with me. I really have no problem with them getting that wish, if that's the kind of attitude they have about life.

As for me, I believe that this one life is all we have... there's no afterlife, no reincarnation, no anything else once we're dead. So I'm doing my best to appreciate every minute I'm alive on this amazing, beautiful planet.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 1:37 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Nope. Life is amazing... the present moment is amazing! Whether it's good, bad, or indifferent, I am remarkably thankful to be here right now.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:53 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Nope.  Life is good and it's even better without blinders on.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:06 PM on May. 8, 2011

• No. I feel the opposite. I'm hoping he leaves me here as long as possible.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:48 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Nope, i'm having fun!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:49 PM on May. 8, 2011

• NO! NO! NO! As far as I know....THIS is all we have! I am loving every new day and being grateful that I am still here on earth! I would much rather be here than in some kind of "Heaven" with Angels,etc. Is that corny and over rated or what? I don't even think there IS such a thing.
    If you have your health and friends and family---that is enough and it will make you happy. If you are not happy--YOU can change it!!! Just don't be ungrateful and please appreciate TODAY! Don't live for some kind of imaginary heaven ....it might not even be there!!!
    Try making others happy and forget about you.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:55 PM on May. 8, 2011

• OP---maybe you need to see your Doctor about this. Post partum depression?
    We have all had some terrible times,we get through it.Personally I think it is a huge mistake to feel this way . Its like throwing a gift back at the Lord.Your life is a gift.
    See your Doctor---my daughter had twins and felt so depressed she went to her Doctor. She gave her a prescription for Serafem--it turned her around and wihtin a few weeks she was happy again. There are other medications too, one that will suit you and your situation,I am sure.There is always an answer to problems such as these.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:19 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Good post Eek a geek. That's how I feel too.
    How can you not love TODAY? LIFE?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:55 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I need to go out and plant the flowers I bought at Home Depot---now that sounds like fun to me!
    THIS place is not fun.
    Oh and Happy Mothers Day!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:56 PM on May. 8, 2011