Mental heath

any other moms out there have a diagnosed mental health disorder? i was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder about 7 years ago...just wondering how other moms deal with day to day life...

happymom8262

Asked by happymom8262 at 12:52 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Health

• I would like to thank you for getting treatment. I grew up with a mother who has BPD and refused to be treated for it. It was hell. You are doing a great thing for your children.
    Anonymous

• Mee too only it was like 12 years ago. I was put on meds and went to therapy. I got taken off my meds a year ago and am doing well.
    Anonymous

• yes, with depression and anxiety issues, I am on meds and see a therapist.
    Anonymous

• I was diagnosed with a season affective disorder, and I have other "disorders" that affect my mental health... I live for my children and husband, and with that I find myself living more for me. The best advice I can give, is take it day by day...don't worry about tomorrow...just live in the moment.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 12:59 PM on May. 8, 2011

• i'm just so frustrated with all the symptoms that i'm still having. i'm on a few different meds and i see my therapist weekly. i of course have good days and bad days. i had a pretty serious suicide attempt back in september and after a month in an intensive inpatient program i'm feeling MUCH more stable. it just scares the hell out of me when those thoughts creep in my head. im both greatful and annoyed at the fact that im under a microscpoe constantly. i have accepted that my mental health is a PRIORITY in my life. i at times feel like an awful mother and wife for the way i act. but i now understand that i am in fact doing the best thing for my family by being in treatment and taking care of myself.
    happymom8262

Comment by happymom8262 (original poster) at 1:11 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I have been diagnosed with post traumatic stress syndrome and depression recurrent. I am med free though! I read the bible, eat healthy, exercize in the sunshine (that really helps!) And I'm not afraid to ask for help when things get tough from my hubby and friends.
    lizi.clawson

Answer by lizi.clawson at 1:15 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I have an anxiety disorder, PTSD, and Bipolar-depressive disorder I just began treatment for, for the 100th time. I plan to stick it out this time.
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 1:23 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Depression
    leomommy1325

Answer by leomommy1325 at 1:29 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Depression/anxiety...I take 100mg of zoloft, it helps a lot. There are very few woman I know with children that DON't have a mental disorder.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 1:37 PM on May. 8, 2011

• So far I have been diagnosed with major depressive disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and an unknown anxiety disorder. My meds have been working so-so as of yet, but I've noticed some things that definitely need attention, such as SEVERE mood swings like I've never had in my life around the time AF gets here. Like I feel like a certified nutter. And my anxiety and stress levels lately have been awful, so bad that I'm grinding my teeth all the time now unknowingly- especially in my sleep. So I'm going in for an adjustment soon.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:47 PM on May. 8, 2011