Anyone else's Mothers Day suck so far?

My daughter took off her diaper and smeared her own feces all over her and her brother, thank goodness DH was nice enough to take care of it however right after he went online then went back to bed so now its just me and the kids.
The only thing I asked for was fresh donuts, thats it, I didn't ask to go to breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I didn't ask for a gift all I wanted was some donuts and a nice day with my family.
I don't like mothers day. This day just reminds me I don't have a mother and it always seems to be a let down for me

myownhappiness

Asked by myownhappiness at 1:24 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Holidays

• hugsi am so sorry that you are having a bad mother's Day. I hope that maybe it gets better for you!!

amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 1:30 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I'm so sorry you are all having a bad day. I wish there was a way to make you all feel better.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 1:42 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Mine has been shitty, but I'm expecting it to get better. My husband did nothing, didn't even buy me a card, but told me that I could buy myself whatever I wanted. He doesn't understand that it's about the sentiment and I'm really hurt. My son is too young to understand Mother's Day and while I always enjoy spending time with him, he's whined almost all morning and constantly made messes. However, I'm going to my parents' house soon, and they're amazing. I know they'll make the day end well. I hope yours gets better, hon.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:46 PM on May. 8, 2011

• The day is still young who knows your dh might surprise you ;) GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:17 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I am so sorry you ladies are having such a bad day :( We are not doing anything special because my husband is working all day. But I do get to spend the day with the little one who made me a Mommy :) (And my husband did buy me a new sundress the other day so that counts as a mothers day gift since we really can't afford anything else)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 1:37 PM on May. 8, 2011

• My Mom died in 1988. So far I have had a quiet and uneventful day and that is fine. My 2 daughters are adults with families and they are having me over for a dinner tonight. I got a cute card with nice stuff written on it from my son in NC. SO, all is good! :-)
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:40 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Ummm It's Mothers Day??? Hmmm, seems like just another day lol... Sucking here as well :)
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 1:48 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I hope yours improves! My ex has the day off from rehab and is spending it with his mom. He bribed my daughter to come over by letting her know her two cousins would be their to play with. I wish I could just say no, but I know she loves her cousins and her grandparents. I will take her out of town for Fathers Day.!
    mardigras11

Answer by mardigras11 at 1:55 PM on May. 8, 2011

• sucking hardcore here,,, I'm impressed at my husband though. He is really determined to make sure I cry until I vomit. His rigorous determination and relentless energy is so intense and rather admirable. He refuses to back down. Good for him. If you're going to ruin a holiday don't half ass it. Go for the gold.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:28 PM on May. 8, 2011

• not good here either. Migh as well jujst be another day
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 1:29 PM on May. 8, 2011