What do you do with a 15 year old who eats everything you buy and when I say everything I mean all the snacks and everything he can get his hands ..

for instance lets say i buy a box of fruit snacks instead of taking one pack he will take 3 or the other day i brought gallon of ice cream as a treat for all of us I have 3 more children and my hubby anyway the next day I went to serve it up for dessert and it was gone the entire thing mind you hes tall and muscular figure and definitely no eating disorder just greedy when i ask him he'll just laugh right now i went to get some grapes that i brought at Sam's club yesterday and more then half the container was gone and if you shop at Sam's you know how big everything is I so frustrated...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Tell him to get a job and buy his own damn food. If you have other children in the house you need to feed than he needs to stop eating all of it or pay for it himself.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:31 PM on May. 8, 2011

• sounds like a healthy teenager to me. I agree with pp, tell him to get a job
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:33 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I guess buy more filling snacks! ice cream and fruit snacks aren't made to satisfy hunger, they're made to make u want MORE MORE MORE.

Consider stocking up on a bulk item of 1 thing just for his snacks. Frozen pizzas perhaps. Also nuts and fruit. See if he'll eat a jar of PB w/ a spoon as a quick snack.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:34 PM on May. 8, 2011

• You tell him to stop, you're mom. Despite his figure that's not healthy eating and you're right, its greedy. I would tell him how much of the snack foods he can have, if he is hungry eat protein and real food so he is full longer. If he can't abide he cant have any and can get a job and buy his own junk food and snacks.
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 1:34 PM on May. 8, 2011

• He's going thru 'changes' lol, his body needs more food...Sounds like puberty...or being stoned.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 1:34 PM on May. 8, 2011

• my family and I have been discussing this for about a year now. my 48 pound 6 year old son already eats off the adult menu and the teen years TERRIFY me. He dances (hip hop) now and if he's into sports then it'll be wors
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:37 PM on May. 8, 2011

• No amberpatterson thiers no way he's stoned hes home most of the time hes just plain greedy ..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:38 PM on May. 8, 2011

• He's growing. Teen boys eat like that. My brother did too. He's 22 now and eats normally again.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 1:42 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Sounds like my 15 year old daughter! We call her the *locust*. And she's only a size 3 too!
    I'd suggest HIDE things and dole them out. That's what I try to do
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 1:47 PM on May. 8, 2011

• BTW you're a family of 6 inc at least 1 teenager but it sounds like you are shopping either for a young or smaller family. Just a thought but you need to buy more food as kids grow up to take into account their changing and growing bodies.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 1:49 PM on May. 8, 2011