The waterboarding trail.

Former CIA Director Michael Hayden said that as late as 2006 fully half of the government's knowledge about the structure and activities of al Qaeda came from harsh interrogations.

CIA Director Leon Panetta stomped on the White House'''s political script when he told Tuesday night'''s broadcast of NBC Nightly News that the waterboarding of jihadi detainees contributed information that led to the location and killing of Osama bin Laden. '''We had multiple series of sources that provided information with regards to this situation clearly some of it came from detainees they used these enhanced interrogation techniques against some of those detainees,'''

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703859304576305023876506348.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 1:37 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow and "they" say it doesn't work.

Now didn't someone ask about how everyone in favor of it felt after Rumsfeld came out and said it wasn't used in this instance? And I saw an interview with Rumsfeld and this was asked, and he was taken out of context and never claimed that. Interesting huh?
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 1:50 PM on May. 8, 2011

• HAHA!! Someone called me a liar when I said this the other day!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:55 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Okay, no comment.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:12 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I already knew this..just like I know it is still going on. I bet BO isn't too excited about Panetta blabbing so much about it..since it "isn't" happening and "isn't" effective and all.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:24 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Can the DofJ kill the investigation of the CIA now...I mean it's not like they haven't already been cleared of wrong doing before?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:32 PM on May. 8, 2011

I should hope. I would say convict Eric Holder.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 6:39 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I should hope. I would say convict Eric Holder

Hear Hear! I'm all for that!!!!
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 7:22 PM on May. 8, 2011

• And you believe the spooks??
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 9:48 PM on May. 8, 2011

• BTW ... I'm sure Hitler said that concentration camps worked too, doesn't make them moral and necessary.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 9:49 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Former CIA Director Michael Hayden said that as late as 2006 fully half of the government's knowledge about the structure and activities of al Qaeda came from harsh interrogations.

LOL...More trying to give Bushie credit....They did nothing ....No actionable intelligence was gathered..thats one reason they couldnt get Bin Laden despite the fact that he was living in a mansion for the last 5-6 years....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:24 AM on May. 9, 2011