What has been your WORSE Mother's DAy?

I think it would have been a few years ago, my ex was still bitter and the youngest two live with him, but we have joint custody. It was my day for them to visit, and he offered them a choice, go to mom's or we can go to the amusement park. D-uh! Now they're teen's and barely even acknowledge MD

mrsvixen

Asked by mrsvixen at 1:44 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Every year it sucks ass so I can't really pinpoint which one sucks ass the most.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:47 PM on May. 8, 2011

• This one has been bad. My husband woke me up to tell me one of our kittens died this morning. We knew it was 50/50 whether she would make it or not, but it was still really sad and crappy to wake up to.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:47 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Hmmm....I guess it was when I was 7 months pregnant and had pneumonia. I was soooooo sick and worried that the antibiotic would hurt my baby in the womb.
    That was it!
    The rest of them have been good. I had my first baby in October 1967 so that means there have been 43 Mothers Days!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:47 PM on May. 8, 2011

• last year was pretty decent... my husband did cards with the kids and it was sweet. today was a train wreck though. he was alone with the kids ALL of thursday which included a trip to superwalmart. and no cards .... ouch. I am not so sure I remember a more painful one than this.... he went to work because I couldn't stop crying and my kids are at brunch w/ my parents. so alone, sad music, surfing the web. good times
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:48 PM on May. 8, 2011

• This year. My ex (who is in rehab) is out for the day and at his mom's house. He called my daughter and bribed her to come over, telling her, that her cousins are there. I know she just wants to play, but really. I think I will take her to the beach for Father's Day.
    mardigras11

Answer by mardigras11 at 1:50 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Let's see, this one is rating up there. I'm alone. My kids are grown and gone. No cards. No phone calls. Not even emails. This sort of sucks. Let this be a lesson to all moms who get frustrated with their kids and yell "leave me alone!" They may just grow up and do just that.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:06 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Last year for sure. I had to get up early to cook brunch for the mil, then once dh left for work, and his parents left I had a huge mess to pick up. I got no card, nothing, not even a thank you. But dh made it up to me this year :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:14 PM on May. 8, 2011

• This one for sure. Usually my dad takes me out to my favorite restaurant and gets me a nice card (pretty bad when my dad has to acknowledge the holiday) and a gift card to one of my favorite stores. This year, nothing. I'm thousands of miles from my dad =(
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:41 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Wouldn't it be "WORST" ?
    I am sorry you Moms are having bad days. :-(
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 4:09 PM on May. 8, 2011

• The first one after my mother died.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:11 PM on May. 8, 2011