How much should I charge my friend to watch her 4 1/2 month old baby?

My friend is going back to work. Her husband is deployed. The baby is 4 1/2 months old. I live about 15 miles from her home and I would be driving there everyday. She would be at work for about 7-9 hours. I have a 3 year old and 1 year old of my own that would come with me. I would not charge her for any days that I am not there, obviously. I'm currently a SAHM, but I was an elementary school teacher before staying home. My friend asked how much I would like to be paid. Is $90.00 reasonable? We live in Florida....in the panhandle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are we talking about $90 a day?
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:29 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Sorry, I should have been more specific.........$90/week
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:39 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• well.. $90/week is the def. cheapest private day care i have ever heard of. So i guess thats pretty fair for your friend.

For a nanny (depends on location) you usually pay at least $8-10/ hour.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:40 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• wow 90 dollars a week, I sure wish you were in Pa haha.....
    sunshine21pa

Answer by sunshine21pa at 7:06 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I pay my babysitter $100 a week. The price greatly depends on where you live and what the norm is. Around here, a day care is about $145-$200 for an infant. Then again, it's what you think is fair. A 41/2 month old really dosen't require too much "watching" since they can't move and get into stuff yet lol. I would probaby charge $20 a day. If your just wanting to help your friend out $90 would be ok. My thing would be the gas. 15 miles there and back can add up. If gas gets back up to $4, then you could raise your price if you had to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• $80-$100 a week
    moviestartaal

Answer by moviestartaal at 7:23 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Sounds good to me. My friend payed me $100 a week until she could get her son in to daycare. I thought that was more than fair since I was really just doing her a favor :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 7:51 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Oh and I'm in FL too :)
    Xynyth

• $90 a week is pretty cheap. I am going to be watching my friends 4 month old a couple days a week and shes paying me $50 a week.

Answer by gemgem at 7:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I think to be helping a friend and to make a little money on the side you don't want to charge her what the daycare would charge her. So I think that $90 a week is very nice of you and fair.
    luchousdiva

Answer by luchousdiva at 8:38 AM on Dec. 5, 2008