My 5 year old had sulfur burps now he is vomiting every hour?

I get this myself atleast once a year and I know from the first rotten egg burp that I will be deathly I'll within a few hours, idk if it's somethig he ate or something more serious

RDM87

Asked by RDM87 at 2:01 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Then get off Cafe Mom, and get your child to a doctor.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 2:03 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Umm why don't you not be an @$$hole! It's Sunday and he's vomiting but he's taking in fluids and eating I'm not taking him to the ER for them to tell me he has a stomach virus! Thanks!
    RDM87

Comment by RDM87 (original poster) at 2:08 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I think what the first poster is trying to say is that if you really want to know if it is something he ate or a virus you need to see a doctor as none of us would really know as we are unable to examine your child and we don't know what he ate or who he has been in contact with.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:21 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Instead of the ER, take him to an urgent care.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 2:38 PM on May. 8, 2011

• When my kids were doing that I gave them activia,it helped them immensely. Something about the probiotics is a miracle in itself.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:20 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I gAve him dome pepto he seems to be better and gas been outside playing
    RDM87

Comment by RDM87 (original poster) at 6:59 PM on May. 8, 2011

• OMG, I swear, for most moms on here, the er is the answer for everything. Which is fine, run your kids to the dirty germ infested ER when their immune system is already compromised so that they can charge you $1000 just to tell you to go home and wait it out.

Yes, my kids and I have had that before. Its a stomach bug. It usually only lasts 24 hours. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Usually Its hard to keep fluids down with a tummy bug so we just do a few tbs of Gatorade every 15 min or so and have them hold it in their mouth for a while before swallowing it.

And as MarGee said, probiotics work well too.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 7:02 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Thank you, he's pretty good at drinking Gatorade and water he's had about 3 bottles of water today he's on the mend. I gave him some pepto and he was ready to get outside to play with his water balloons
    RDM87

Comment by RDM87 (original poster) at 8:50 PM on May. 8, 2011