Breastfeeding

I EBF my baby and plan to until he's ready to throw in the towel, LOL. I just hear that so many moms have lost weight whilebreastfeeding...If you did, did the weight come off quickly or slowly?

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 2:12 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I noticed it quickly in the beginning, but then it tapered off.
    I can tell you that I have gained weight since I stopped BF with no other changes to diet or excersize. I gained almost 10 lbs
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 2:19 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I EBF my DS for a year (still BF but not exclusively and he is almost 18 months) and I haven't lost a pound...actually gained weight but I haven't tried to loose it yet
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:21 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Baby is 4 weeks old, and I breastfeed. I gained about 30 pounds, and I'm already back to pre-pregnancy weight.

I was overweight before getting pregnant, so I'm hoping that 6 more months or so of EBF will have me down to where I should be!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 2:22 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I lost all my baby weight in 4 months. Which was 50 lbs. However as soon as I stopped it all came back :( Now I'm just fat
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 2:22 PM on May. 8, 2011

• quickly in the begining, like 30 lbs in 2 months, but then the weight loss stopped around 3 months and my weight plateaued, but now at 10 months I just lost 3 lbs last week...but he just went through a growth spurt.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 2:23 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Since you do have to eat more to produce the milk, the weight loss isn't going to be crazy dramatic like a lot of fad diets and diet products you hear about today.

That said, I was 191 when I got pregnant, 212 the day I had my baby, and 171 within 6 months. In my case, I feel breastfeeding helped by allowing me time to transition from "eating for two" to eating appropriate portions for just one, whereas with FF if you don't go from eating like 9 months preggo to eating like normal again, it's easy to hold onto that baby weight.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 2:30 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Jeez, I was reading all the answers from the moms who said they lost so much weight so fast, but sadly, that wasn't the case for me at all. I lost the weight you normally lose after birth, and fluids, and whatnot, but now I've been hovering at the same weight for the rest of the time. I'm on my forth month of breastfeeding....looks like I'm gonna have to try to figure out how to diet safely, without comprimising my milk supply and all that good stuff, cuz breastfeeding alone just isn't cuttin it, when it comes to losing weight. Hope you have better luck than I did lol
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 1:32 AM on May. 9, 2011

• No two women will see the same results.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:53 AM on May. 9, 2011