Ultrasound Technician?

I am getting ready for college. I am thinking about starting either this fall or next fall because my baby is due next month, so it depends on what I can handle. However, I am greatly interested in becoming an Ultrasound Tech and was wondering if anyone has any experience in this field with advise, if anyone has any experience with this course at Hudson Valley Community College in NY, or if anyone know how many years it takes to become an Ultrasound Tech and how much does an Ultrasound Tech make? Because I need to have a career that will allow me to make enough money to support me and my soon comming son.

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 2:24 PM on May. 8, 2011 in

• Not sure but here's a bump for you! I've thought about this myself.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:49 AM on May. 9, 2011

• i am studying to be a vascular technician its just a sonographer for the veins and arteries. so its similar anyways, i am at a 2yr college but those are very good questions to ask the advisor when you go into talk to the school. ask the admission advisor. find out if they do clinicals and if there is hands on help. hands on help in the lab if the school has a lab on campus is very much needed. i just finished my first semester of hands on training and its tough. they said that the general is not as hard as what am studying but they are hard fields. however once you get out if you can get a job pretty much anywhere. there are some tests to take upon graduation. other wise i love it. its alot of hard work and dedication. but alot of fun and alot of intense information. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:22 PM on May. 9, 2011

• No advice, but I want to wish you good luck!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:49 PM on May. 10, 2011