Ultrasound Technician

I am getting ready for college. I am thinking about starting either this fall or next fall because my baby is due next month, so it depends on what I can handle. However, I am greatly interested in becoming an Ultrasound Tech and was wondering if anyone has any experience in this field with advise, if anyone has any experience with this course at Hudson Valley Community College in NY, or if anyone know how many years it takes to become an Ultrasound Tech and how much does an Ultrasound Tech make? Because I need to have a career that will allow me to make enough money to support me and my soon comming son.

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 2:25 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It is a very expensive course. I believe it takes about 2 years.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:29 PM on May. 8, 2011

• And I was told by an ultrasound tech herself not to bother trying to just become that. If you go into the medical field, go all out and become a RN. She says it's $$WELL$$ worth it. As only an ultrasound tech and no other skills, it'll be hard to get a job.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:34 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Thats what I want to do too. and as the pp said you may want to have some other skills. And i talked to a friend of my moms who is an ultrasound tech and she said the same thing. I am currently going to school to be a medical assistant, which is a much shorter program will helpo me get my foot in the door for other things. GL
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 8:11 PM on May. 8, 2011