Do you think there's any Moms on here who are considering ending it all?

not being drama queens on cafemom but just killing time on here looking for any excuse to not kill themselves? Sometimes I worry if I (or we, as a online community) say the wrong thing to the wrong person on here it could end terribly.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:40 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Health

• I agree.
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 2:42 PM on May. 8, 2011

• There was a story about this in our news a while back. Supposedly this lady was on Topix.net saying she wanted to end her life. Lots of people bashed her, but some offered to help. She continued back and forth for a few days, then the last morning, she said she was on her way out to kill herself. She apparently did. They found her car and her body several days later. However, that was just speculation that it was the same lady... I'm not sure if anyone ever found out the truth. Her family claims it was her. I worked many years in emergency medicine and saw lots of issues with this. There are more people out there that want either 1) help, but don't know how else to get it, or 2) the attention. Yes, believe it or not, attention seekers are rampant. So, regardless, I try to always refer people to a hotline number or something. It's the least I can do.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:44 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Yeah, I've thought about that too. I really hope they are just drama queens, because suicide is really touchy. I will say, my ex has been threatening suicide for attention for the last 20 years of his life. After awhile people just roll their eyes and say whatever. Then there is my room mates ex. He would manipulate her and tell her he was going to kill himself if she didn't do what he said. Well, she took a stand one day and he hung himself. It was horrible. But she is now married with babies today. It's just hard to tell. You just never know.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:46 PM on May. 8, 2011

• very touchy subject and have to be careful as to what you post for some people take it upon themselves to call the authorities and turn someone in if they are even asking a basic question
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 4:08 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I think there are mom everywhere thinking of that. Life is tough for lots of people and somedays it's hard to keep yourself together.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:52 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Wow,thats heavy. If there are women on hear who are even contemplating that,then there is far more going on with them than most of us Moms. Ive never thought of doing that,ever. Hopefully,they will find someone to talk to FIRST who can give them options. Nothing can be that bad in life.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 5:43 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I'm sure what you describe is not uncommon. No one should be bashing anyone on a forum like this designed to give support. But in the long run people are responsible for their own decisions and I sincerely doubt you are going to say the "wrong thing" and push someone over the edge.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 4:59 AM on May. 9, 2011