BUMP if your mother's day sucked!

I knew my dd (3) had made a little something at the day carer's. (She's been asking me all week if she can give it to me. lol) If I hadn't said anything (late, late in the afternoon) her father wouldn't have remembered AT ALL. She was hiding the present with him somewhere, and I can't really expect her to know WHEN it's mother's day. She doesn't even know whether it's monday or friday or whatever. So I figured it was HIS bloomin' responsibility! I only mentioned it in the end, because I didn't want to take the excitement from her to finally give her present to me.
Mother's day totally sucked!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Holidays

• It sucked. As usual.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:02 AM on May. 9, 2011

• Its not over yet!!!
    You are saying that it sucks ....just because of this gift thing? LOL.
    It could be worse! You could be living in a cardboard box under a bridge or in the middle east with no clean water and flies biting you all over your body ETC.
    Give me a break! Wow.....
    Just hug your kid and be thankful you are alive and that you actually HAVE a family.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:30 PM on May. 8, 2011

• I thought that this morning too. I was in tears. DH had to work and want be home for another 4hrs. Ds feel out of the bed at 5 this morning and cried until 7am. He opened up an old wound and blood was all over the pillow and he peed in the bed. He woked dd up so she was also whining that is not including she has a tooth coming in. I fix them both breakfast and had a few cups of coffee. Somehow ds feel out of his chair and busted his lip, so here we go agian more crying. I had to clean up, wash his bed sheets and cook dinner also(dh working 15hrs today). I guess he forgot its Mother's Day my kids are to young to know anything about it. I called him in tears this morning he snapped at me and told me to get it together(he had only a couple hours of sleep). It is definetely not the Mother's Day I expect. But I wouldn't trade it for the world! I just sat down from looking at my babies sleep(naptime!) con'td
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 3:09 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Mine is bad, we miscarried last month and all I can think about is how I should be pregnant right now. DH hasn't even said Happy Mother's day but my mom in law just had to bring up the miscarriage on facebook and how she could still say Happy Mother's day because I was at least a mother to my furbabies.
    AimBre

Answer by AimBre at 6:06 PM on May. 8, 2011

• it just melted my heart. This is what it is all about. Taking care and loving them. I hope your day gets better momma! Happy Mother's Day!
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 3:10 PM on May. 8, 2011

• the only person who told me happy mothers day was my s/o and my 4 year old. my family is crazy about my son but I didnt hear from not one of them-do I care, not one bit. We're moving so we've been saving all our money, Bills were alot this month so s/o didnt get me anything. But the three of us spent all day together just enjoying each others company cause honestly, isn't that what mother hood is all about. Sorry yours wasnt better, better luck tomorrow, because as I say in my life 'Every day is Mother's Day."
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 10:31 PM on May. 8, 2011

• its about the reason we celebrate...our kids. When you make it about that you will enjoy your day no matter what! NO my SO doesn'tnlet me sleep in or lift a fingure today or any other day...no I did not get ONE fancy gift or even ME time.... so in one way I could say it sucked BuT NO I have 3 beutiful kids and i spent the day with them even though their dad gave me a guitl trip for taking them cause he wanted to take them to his moms. Today is my day and I may not be spoiled but I am having a fun day with my kids doing something WE love. When you make it about the whole reason you celebrate you will make yourself say I had a good day! Sorry it sucked....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on May. 9, 2011

• My days not over yet. It noon here in Cali.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:56 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Mine did. My husband didnt even say Happy Mothers Day for me, not even a card. What is sad that my brother, dad and an ex of mine all text me Happy Mothers Day but I dont even hear it from my own husband
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:58 PM on May. 8, 2011

• mine stunk. i still did everything and dh said ohh were haveing a bbq btw they will be here in 2 hours so u better start cleaning ( i hate a messy house with company ) so needless to say woke up had 3 sips of coffee cleaned showerd and delt with people im just sitting down now. i did get a card from dh but thats cause a friend called to tell him he better get me one..sigh...i put our son to bed i did everything. no day off for me. im sorry ur day stunk mama. happy mothers day to u. ohh what did dd make u? i love when kids do stuff in school and they are so excited about it. lol..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:19 PM on May. 8, 2011