How can i get rid of my sons diaper rash?

He got a diaper rash when we switched from Huggies to Luvs (we've since switched back). I was using Desitin but it just made it worse so for right now I'm letting him go sans pamper. One side has cleared up, but the other has just spread. Any suggestions as to what I can use? I've been wiping him with a moist washcloth and sprinkling baby powder but I'm at a loss.

lilmisscheerio

Asked by lilmisscheerio at 3:09 PM on May. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Butt Paste is good.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 3:11 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Desitin never really worked for my boys. Let it air as long as you an and keep up with the powder. Keep in mind that the powder can also dry baby's bottom too much though so after bath time don't forget to lotion that hiney!
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:14 PM on May. 8, 2011

• i know this may sound weird. but put oat meal in a sock and stick it in the bath with him.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 3:15 PM on May. 8, 2011

• a&d is the best it always cleared up my daughters rashes
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 3:19 PM on May. 8, 2011

• bag balm- it coats and clears up in 2-3 days
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 3:22 PM on May. 8, 2011

• My son had the worst diaper rash know to man, to the point of blisters. I couldn't find a single cream any where that would work. A friend recommended i put a box of baking soda into less than a quarter water in the bath tub & my mother recommended using wipes that were rinsed out of all scent & alcohol. The 2 combined worked like a charm.
    Momma_D88

Answer by Momma_D88 at 3:27 PM on May. 8, 2011

• This may not be the case, but my son had a "diaper rash" that his pedi kept throwing antifungals at, thinking it was yeast, but when I took him to a dermatologist it was actually a condition called molloscum (a type of warts) that does not have a cure but will go away on its own eventually.

I say this to say if the rash doesn't go away, it may not be diaper rash at all.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 3:47 PM on May. 8, 2011

• The best is called DRC cream. U need to ask the pharmacist No prescription necessary. Trust me it is not the diaper! This stuff works immediately.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:50 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Vaseline (or store brand petroleum jelly), the plain kind (not the ones with scents or other added ingredients), works great on DD2. You apply it over the existing rash, but after it's cleared apply it before bed (when babies are more likely to get a rash due to prolonged soiled-diaper exposure).
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 3:52 PM on May. 8, 2011

• Butt Paste works great.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:00 PM on May. 8, 2011