Do i even count today? (vent no question)

before i start im gonna say yes i live with my dad, i was moved out until the end of November beginning of December when me and my boyfriend had to move back in with our parents because the landlord raised the rent way over our budget, and i found out i was pregnant right after that

anyway i asked my boyfriend yesterday if he'll come spend the day with me today, and he said he has to spend it with his mom and he'll get me something and bring it to me on monday though (i dont mind that thats fine with me, its probably gonna be one of the last mothers days he spends by himself with his mom) he called me this morning and his whole family said happy mothers day to me (his 3 siblings and his mom, his dad was somewhere else lol) my mom texted me and said happy mothers day to me, but the one person i wanted to at least treat me decent was my dad,all i wanted was to go to lunch....go do something with him and all i get is screaming in my face or him just laughing at me for even asking to go out

i feel like i dont count today....i feel like im just someone thats forgotten and that i dont matter

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on May. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• You do matter, though. Even if no one treats you as such, you're more important to your kids than anyone in the world. Just remember that. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:29 PM on May. 8, 2011

• You matter. You don't have to spend time with your dad to feel like you matter. But it's Mother's Day and you are not his mother.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:45 PM on May. 8, 2011

• i know but he raised me by himself so he's like my mom and my dad :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:46 PM on May. 8, 2011

• you do matter and if no one wants to take u out then u take yourself and have a peacful day to yourself
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 3:51 PM on May. 8, 2011

• But---why would you want your Dad to take YOU out for lunch? You should be taking HIM out if he raised you. I don't see why you feel unappreciated. YOU should be appreciating him . ANd people did call you and wish you ahappy Mothers day didn't they?And you are not actually a Mom yet anyway. WHY are you feeling so sorry for yourself? I don't get it.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 4:54 PM on May. 8, 2011

• maybe youre dad is still feeling insecure about his littlle girl being a mother. Its hard for dads, maybr he cant tell you what he's feeling
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 5:02 PM on May. 8, 2011

• why do i feel sorry for myself? i dont i just thought id be treated like a HUMAN BEING today instead of trash...my dad got a hug from me..thats all he gets for today since he seems to think its ok to be a complete dick to me
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:08 PM on May. 8, 2011